website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

Gerade eben schrieb Rafoo:

In rio standard for discus was set on 65.00 and i think he can do much better

Maybe, but they plan to change the qualification in athletics completely. There will not be an entry standard but qualification will be via ranking

Sailing will provide the first direct Olympic qualifications starting this Summer. This is a preview of our chances.

At this moment I guess we have a chance to qualify in 7 events.

Men's Laser - Tonči Stipanović should be the name once again.

Men's 49er - 470 gold medalist Šime Fantela paired up with his brother Mihovil. They are good for qualification, hopefully for something more too.

Men's Finn - We should qualify here too. Kljaković-Gašpić hasn't competed since Rio, so I don't know if he plans to return. If not, then it will be between Vujasinović, Bugarin and Olujić.

Men's RS:X - Mratović could be going to his 4th Olympics, but the quotas have been reduced so he may struggle.

Women's Laser Radial - Tina Mihelić also hasn't been around since Rio. If she doesn't come back then it will be Sandra Lulić.

Women's 49er FX - Enia Ninčević and Anđela de Micheli Vitturi formed a nice partnership. Among other result, they were in top 10 at Miami WC this year so I guess they should have a decent chance.

Women's RS:X - Palma Čargo had a good result at Youth Worlds last year. Back in Rio the reallocation list went so much down that basically just appearing at the World Championships was enough to qualify, and this time there will be even more quotas in women's RS:X...

At the moment we don't have anyone in 470 and Nacra, so that's unlikely.

#banbestmen

4 hours ago, Rafoo said:

In 470 men will not sime marenic use another teammate to compete...that he said when he broke up with fantela?

Marenić apparently plans to return, but not in 470 and after Tokyo.

#banbestmen

7 hours ago, dcro said:

Sailing will provide the first direct Olympic qualifications starting this Summer. This is a preview of our chances.

At this moment I guess we have a chance to qualify in 7 events.

Men's Laser - Tonči Stipanović should be the name once again.

Men's 49er - 470 gold medalist Šime Fantela paired up with his brother Mihovil. They are good for qualification, hopefully for something more too.

Men's Finn - We should qualify here too. Kljaković-Gašpić hasn't competed since Rio, so I don't know if he plans to return. If not, then it will be between Vujasinović, Bugarin and Olujić.

Men's RS:X - Mratović could be going to his 4th Olympics, but the quotas have been reduced so he may struggle.

Women's Laser Radial - Tina Mihelić also hasn't been around since Rio. If she doesn't come back then it will be Sandra Lulić.

Women's 49er FX - Enia Ninčević and Anđela de Micheli Vitturi formed a nice partnership. Among other result, they were in top 10 at Miami WC this year so I guess they should have a decent chance.

Women's RS:X - Palma Čargo had a good result at Youth Worlds last year. Back in Rio the reallocation list went so much down that basically just appearing at the World Championships was enough to qualify, and this time there will be even more quotas in women's RS:X...

At the moment we don't have anyone in 470 and Nacra, so that's unlikely.

I hope that we will make a crew in men's 470. I think we qualified in that class at every Olympic Games since independence.

6 minutes ago, Crolympic said:

I hope that we will make a crew in men's 470. I think we qualified in that class at every Olympic Games since independence.

And it will be awesome that we will have in nacra to complete all clases but I think is hopelles