website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

I think he would need to play Davis Cup in 2019 or 2020 to be eligible. I doubt that he will still be around and will still have the results to qualify anway, besides that I'm not sure if he even wants to play at the Olympics.

Woman basketball qualification for ECH: Croatia wins with impressive 61 points difference in Macedonia. 

The crucial game is on Wednesday away against Sweden, if they win they will have good chances for 1st or 2nd place in the group (home game against Italy would decide), otherwise they will be probably out. 

The new taekwando season has started. Friday/Saturday there was the European Team Championship (G1)in Turkey with few of our fighters participating and winning medals: 

Male -87: 2. Ivan Sapina 3. Dinko Segedin

Female -49: 3. Kristina Tomic

Female -57: 2. Marija Stetic

Female -62: 2. Kristina Beros

Female -73: 2. Doris Pole

Unfortunately no medals for Deni Rezic, Luka Horvat and Vedran Golec.

This week there is the Turkish Open (G1) where the whole national team will participate and a good chance to start collecting the 40 ranking points which can ge obtained as maximum from G1/G2 tournaments per season. Next tournament for majority of national team will be in Slovenia then. 

Crnković impressed today, particularly with the 44th fastest time in the freestyle part. 15km free should be interesting for him. With some luck he can achieve our best ever XC result (currently it's 44th place from 1994).

Dadić wasn't bad, but something happened and he DNF. Shame, he was on road to his best Olympic result.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Rafoo:

I think in crazy wayes croatia basketball women team can go to tokyo 2020...they play amazing especially režan and ex mišura

Lets first beat Sweden :)

Today Zlatko Kumric was 5th in Judi Grand Slam in Paris

He lost in Semi and then also his fight for bronze, but had 3 wins before. New 360 ranking points for him. 

Am 11.2.2018 um 23:06 schrieb prso1000:

Lets first beat Sweden :)

Today Zlatko Kumric was 5th in Judi Grand Slam in Paris

He lost in Semi and then also his fight for bronze, but had 3 wins before. New 360 ranking points for him. 

And we lost to Sweden, there is still some theoretical chance to be among the best two, I think first place is mission impossible. 

But even being second does not guarantee qualification as you still need to be among best six 2nd. 

I guess Italy will win against Sweden as they play in Italy, then we "just" need to beat Italy in Croatia and 2nd place is probably safe. 

Other option, Sweden beats Italy and we beat Italy, but this is not very probable. I really don't get how we can beat Italy and lose two times against Sweden. 

Taekwando another G1 tournament in Turkey (Turkish Open), 10 points for winner

Medal winners for Croatia

M-74 1. Toni Kanaet, 3. Piero Maric

M-80 1. Luka Horvat

M-87 1. Hrvoje Sep; 

M87+ 2. Vedran Golec

F-53: 1. Tanja Rastovic, 2. Dora Maric

F-57: 2. Bruna Vuletic 

F-62: 3. Kristina Beros

F-73: 3. Iva Rados 

But there some negative results as well: Lovro Brecic and Deni Rezic were eliminated early in M-63, same as Kristina Tomic in F-49. 

In F-57 both Marija Stetic and Nikita Glasnovic lost to a Dutch fighter, which was in Semi beaten by Bruna by 20-1!

This is going to be really interesting iro selection of National team for the European Championship in May. They have changed the criteria and now it will be very much up to the national team coach. The only criteria is that fighters with medals  from last European and World Championship will be treated in a preferred way. 

In case they stick to that then following would be "save"

F-49 Tomic, F-57 Glasinovic, F-67 Jelic F-73 Rados and 

M-74 Kanaet

By selecting this way poor Bruna Vuletic is without chance in F-57, Marija Stetic could maybe go back to F-62 ( anyway don't understand her move to F-57, after Glasinovic moved to Croatia). The most interesting fight will be in M-63 between Rezic and Brecic, although one of them could go to M-68. And in F-53 we have Rastovic and Maric but after today Rastovic is in a much better position.