website statistics

Futsal Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

Disappointing tournament so far for Iran :facepalm: 

now they have to beat that international team called "Azerbaijan" to finish 2nd in the group, otherwise even if they qualify as one of the best 3rd placers they have to play either Brazil or Italy in Round of 16 ! :facepalm:

On 13/9/2016 at 15:05, kungshamra71 said:

Wow, didn't know that. That doesn't sound much fair to me...:thumbdown:

But are the players already living there or are they just "transfered" to the nation? I mean, this teams like Italy or Kazakhstan whose squads are majority foreigners, are they just taking advantage of some foreigners that already lived there, or are they "mercenaries"? (like Qatar Handball team)

most of the Brazilians playing for Italy have real Italian descent (though there a couple of notable exceptions) and currently play or have played for quite a while in the past in the Italian league...

it's not our fault if many Italians in the past 200 years (or more) had to leave our Country and establish elsewhere in the Globe (the American Continent more than any other place)...

our laws are clear...those people (and their sons, nephews etc.) are still to be considered Italians, if nobody in the line of succession did give up the Italian Nationality...

so, I don't see anything wrong giving them a chance to get back to their origins...

for what concerns Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan, of course, the situation is a lot different...it's just the smell of oiled money...

3 horas atrás, phelps disse:

most of the Brazilians playing for Italy have real Italian descent (though there a couple of notable exceptions) and currently play or have played for quite a while in the past in the Italian league...

it's not our fault if many Italians in the past 200 years (or more) had to leave our Country and establish elsewhere in the Globe (the American Continent more than any other place)...

our laws are clear...those people (and their sons, nephews etc.) are still to be considered Italians, if nobody in the line of succession did give up the Italian Nationality...

so, I don't see anything wrong giving them a chance to get back to their origins...

for what concerns Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan, of course, the situation is a lot different...it's just the smell of oiled money...

Yeah I have nothing against having other nation's athletes playing for other national team if they're really into the nation they're representing, I was just wondering if on Italy's "brazilian team" they were there because of money or if because of really wanting to represent Italy.

Now I'm wondering if Portugal has also an "international" team... :mumble:

They play for Italy because they don't have any chance for their native country, not because of love for their nonno, let's be honest.

But anyway the main issue I have is that I really don't get why these countries do it in the long term... when the players retire they leave nothing behind, since it's an artificial team without a serious development structure to back it up. And also some other more "ethical" considerations, like "do the victories taste the same that way?" or "do they have equal merit as those countries who breed their own players?"

Em 9/17/2016 at 12:34, LDOG disse:

They play for Italy because they don't have any chance for their native country, not because of love for their nonno, let's be honest.

But anyway the main issue I have is that I really don't get why these countries do it in the long term... when the players retire they leave nothing behind, since it's an artificial team without a serious development structure to back it up. And also some other more "ethical" considerations, like "do the victories taste the same that way?" or "do they have equal merit as those countries who breed their own players?"

Precisely my feelings :)

I try to compare with some portuguese medalists that were born in other countries (Obikwelu, silver in 2004 100m, born in Nigeria but living in Portugal since 1994; or Nelson Evora, gold in 2008 triple jump, from cape verde, but in Portugal since he was 5), who you can see they really are proud on representing Portugal, and they are inspiration to people here. 

So I think: "if those guys were only 'tranfered' to Portuguese team, would I be proud? What would be the feeling of going out there and saying 'hell yeah, we did it! Portugal!!!' ?" :mumble:

FIFA Futsal World Cup 2016

150px-FIFA_Futsal_World_Cup_2016.jpg

Round of 16

Colombia  :COL 0 - 0 (2-3 Pen)  :PAR  Paraguay

|

Brazil  :BRA 4 - 4 (2-3 Pen)  :IRI  Iran

Russia  :RUS 7 - 0  :VIE  Vietnam

|

Spain  :ESP 5 - 2 :KAZ  Kazakhstan

Argentina  :ARG  (AET) 1 - 0 :UKR  Ukraine

|

Italy  :ITA 3 - 4 (AET) :EGY Egypt

Thailand  :THA 8 - 13 (AET) :AZE Azerbaijan

|

Portugal  :POR 4 -:CRC  Costarica 

Full schedule and results

Edited by Henry_Leon

Ladies and Gentlemen Iran just kicked Brazil out of the competition !! :bowdown::yikes:

they improved match by match but still it was impossible to think they can knock out Brazil ! what a great match against the best team in the world.  I was pretty much convinced that this was going to be an early exit and this would be the last day of the competition for Iran.

Edited by MHSN

:yikes::IRI   big surpise!!!!!!!!

For the first time Brazil don't reach the podium (worst result was 3rd place in 2004....)

Iran, always present from 1992 (best result 4th place in 1992), today make history!!!!!

The other two matches without surprises: Spain and Portugal won. ;)

Last day of Round of 16, with Italy vs Egypt  :fingers: , Argentina vs Ukraine and Thailand vs Azebaijan