website statistics

Futsal Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

56 minutes ago, goofy900 said:

Who are the favourites to win?

Is there a world ranking for this sport?

:BRA (5 wins)  and :ESP (2 wins) won all the FIFA World Cup played and still are favourits.

:ITA reached the podium in last 3 editions (2nd in 2004 and  3rd 2008 and 2012) and podium is again the target.

Other nations to see: :RUS; :POR ; :KAZ (defeat Italy in QF at Euro 2016 and finish 3rd) and the host of :COL

Yes, there is ranking but not at FIFA site (the "futsal world" is separated between Fifa and AMF, Association Mundial de Futsal)

http://www.futsalworldranking.be/rank.htm

1 minuto atrás, crovitlaci disse:

Because neither of their players are actually Kazakhs.

Ah ok! :yes

Btw, isn't Italy that also has around 7 or 8 brazilian players? Is this a common thing in futsal? (i don't follow futsal, thus the question :))

19 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Ah ok! :yes

Btw, isn't Italy that also has around 7 or 8 brazilian players? Is this a common thing in futsal? (i don't follow futsal, thus the question :))

Yes. It is a very common thing, because there aren't any restrictions in futsal like in football for example. Players can transfer themselves from one national team to another like they are playing for clubs.

2 horas atrás, crovitlaci disse:

Yes. It is a very common thing, because there aren't any restrictions in futsal like in football for example. Players can transfer themselves from one national team to another like they are playing for clubs.

Wow, didn't know that. That doesn't sound much fair to me...:thumbdown:

But are the players already living there or are they just "transfered" to the nation? I mean, this teams like Italy or Kazakhstan whose squads are majority foreigners, are they just taking advantage of some foreigners that already lived there, or are they "mercenaries"? (like Qatar Handball team)

32 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Wow, didn't know that. That doesn't sound much fair to me...:thumbdown:

But are the players already living there or are they just "transfered" to the nation? I mean, this teams like Italy or Kazakhstan whose squads are majority foreigners, are they just taking advantage of some foreigners that already lived there, or are they "mercenaries"? (like Qatar Handball team)

It's not fair to me either, but same rule applies on olympic sports like handball or water polo...

Well that's true, most of their foreigners are living and playing in the country they represent on national level, they are actually quite similar to Qatar handball team which have only one player playing outside Qatar (although almost no one was born there).