website statistics

Slalom Canoeing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

Czech nomination:

C1: Vitezslav Gebas

C2: Kaspar/Sindler

K1 women: Katerina Kudejova

K1 men:

1. Prskavec 31 points. 2. Prindis 29 points 3. Hradilek 28 points. The last nomination race will be ECH, where there will be 11 9 and 8 points for these athletes.

16 hours ago, stepansevs said:

Czech nomination:

C1: Vitezslav Gebas

C2: Kaspar/Sindler

K1 women: Katerina Kudejova

K1 men:

1. Prskavec 31 points. 2. Prindis 29 points 3. Hradilek 28 points. The last nomination race will be ECH, where there will be 11 9 and 8 points for these athletes.

so no 7th olympics in a row for Hilgertová:( but Kudějová is a quite good medal chance, so good choice for CZE

• 2 weeks later...
On 9. 5. 2016 at 07:32, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Question..... during the olympic trials USA had a K1 Women competition, Why? they didnt win the quota at world championships, or pan am's, and the only competition left is giving a european quota, so what did i miss?

well, I do not know anything about USA winning a quota in womens K1 even ICF still did not announced, as expected, nothing.. but I think it´s only a national trials for nominations into the national team for the season 2016.

Usually many nations has this system of trials each year (Slovakia too) there 2-3 races in which the athletes won points and the best 3 are nominated in the National team for the whole season, they will start in world cups races, continental champs, world champs etc... so I assume USA canoe/Kayak merged both trials (for OG and for NT) in the same race.

but that´s only what I´m thinking. not 100% sure. but thats the way how the different teams select the racers. and assuming USA has not quota in W K1 I think it´s the reason.

Technically the unused quota from Canada in the women’s K1 would go to the US, but then the US would have had to decide between its women’s K1 and men’s C2 since a nation can only qualify two athlete quotas from the continental qualifiers.

Is it possible for the US to use their C1 winner and add him to the C2 boat? What would happen to the missing athlete quota, will it go to the C1? I hate that ICF gives the public no information. The are by far the worst sport at this, especially considering that they have such a complicated qualification system in the sprint.

btw to follow the week ends european championships (last qualifiers for Rio) here the official site link  http://euro.ktklm.sk/

start lists are already known and live results will be available here http://www.canoeicf.com/results-pages/2016-eca-senior-european-championships

in womens K1 :LTU:SUI  :IRL:UKR:BLR:NED will fight for quota

mens C1 :NOR:LAT:UKR:IRL:ESP:BLR:POR:GRE:SUI:CRO:ITA

mens K1 :SUI:BIH:LTU:IRL:LAT:POR:UKR:SRB:MKD:TUR:IRL:SWE:HUN:NED:BEL 

and in mens C2 :UKR:GRE:SUI and :ESP only will competing for the remaining quota

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

btw to follow the week ends european championships (last qualifiers for Rio) here the official site link  http://euro.ktklm.sk/

start lists are already known and live results will be available here http://www.canoeicf.com/results-pages/2016-eca-senior-european-championships

in womens K1 :LTU:SUI  :IRL:UKR:BLR:NED will fight for quota

mens C1 :NOR:LAT:UKR:IRL:ESP:BLR:POR:GRE:SUI:CRO

mens K1 :SUI:BIH:LTU:IRL:LAT:POR:UKR:SRB:MKD:TUR:IRL:SWE:HUN:NED:BEL 

and in mens C2 :UKR:GRE:SUI and :ESP only will competing for the remaining quota

I'm not expert of canoening (i know only a bit of italian athletes) but I think that we have a small chance to win a quota in C1

2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I'm not expert of canoening (i know only a bit of italian athletes) but I think that we have a small chance to win a quota in C1

yep sorry I somehow missed Italy :d well, you have to excuse me, you know I´m watching hockey and we have expecrienced again one pretty hard day :d