website statistics

Slalom Canoeing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

4 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Looks like that's because Eichfeld is competing in both C1 and C2.

#banbestmen

28 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Its because Canada declined the K1 quota for women (Canada had to pick 2 of 3)

There is also max 2 athletes rule for continental qualifiers. Meaning that nation can't qualify anything besides C2 boat. But looks like there is an exception here because Eichfeld is competing in two events.

#banbestmen

Can you please explain on Sebastián Rossi qualifying for the Games? I have no idea how did it happen. 

Here's the source. 

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1900914-el-palista-sebastian-rossi-se-transformo-en-el-194-clasificado-a-los-juegos

Edited by MantaRaymarc

12 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Can you please explain on Sebastián Rossi qualifying for the Games? I have no idea how did it happen. 

Here's the source. 

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1900914-el-palista-sebastian-rossi-se-transformo-en-el-194-clasificado-a-los-juegos

Nobody knows.

It's a similar situation with Lebanon who allegedly got wild card in C1, what should be impossible since Lebanon didn't compete at the World Championships last year (and only nations that competed are allowed to compete in Rio, according to qualification system).

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

4 hours ago, Dmitry said:

:RUS
Team for Olympics:

С1 -  Aleksandr Lipatov
C2  -  Mikhail Kuznetsov/Dmitry Larionov

K1 (M)  -  Pavel Eigel

K1 (W)  -  Marta Kharitonova

Source

added :yes

very good team, in fact Russia selected with best option in each event.

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:00, dcro said:

Nobody knows.

It's a similar situation with Lebanon who allegedly got wild card in C1, what should be impossible since Lebanon didn't compete at the World Championships last year (and only nations that competed are allowed to compete in Rio, according to qualification system).

I asked some journalists on twitter and none of them gave me an answer and I don't think they understand the motive very well themselves. The only source of this is Rossi himself, who seems to be very sure of it.

The best explanation I can give for Argentina qualifying is that since the US only used 2/3 of its athlete quotas from the Pan American Games the other one had to be reallocated. Since you can't give 1 athlete quota in the C2 it goes to the C1, making it go to Brazil and then the host quota goes to Argentina.