FS 70 kg – Haisan Garcia

FS 74 kg – Jevon Balfour

FS 79 kg – Jasmit Phulka

FS 92 kg – Jacob Luczak

FS 97 kg – Jordie Steen

FS 125 kg – Amar Dhesi 

GR 87 kg – Philip Barreiro

GR 97 kg – Thomas Barreiro

Why are there no 51kg, 52kg, 54kg, 56kg, 58kg and 60kg categories? :mad::redcard:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Why are there no 51kg, 52kg, 54kg, 56kg, 58kg and 60kg categories? :mad::redcard:

:d Yeah. you are right this looks stupid to have 10 weight classes for women's wrestling. specially because there is only 26kg difference between lowest and highest weight , this is unbelievably stupid. they made it clear before they don't want women with big bellies on the mat because that's ugly on a singlet ! they won't go heavier than 76 (or something like that) 26kg difference and 10 classes. of course there will be only 2kg difference between some weights :facepalm:

but remember we used to had 10 weight classes at the olympics, to me it's OK for men's wrestling there are 70-80 kg difference between lowest and highest weight here. the problem is this stupid gender equality idea. I don't really think women's wrestling needs non-Olympic weights.

personally 8 weights for men's wrestling (FS and GR) and 6 weights for women's wrestling looks perfect for me. and that will cover everything. but UWW/IOC doesn't ask for my opinion :d

Just to be clear, I would have no problem at all with women having the same number of weight classes, but just if they also go up in weights...as in, 90kg or something being the heaviest. Or simply go with 125kg too :d :wub:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Just to be clear, I would have no problem at all with women having the same number of weight classes, but just if they also go up in weights...as in, 90kg or something being the heaviest. Or simply go with 125kg too :d :wub:

But as MHSN explained, apparently UWW/IOC don't want to see heavy women pushing each other...

Upper limit used to be 72, now they "pushed" it to 76...

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

and as I said they won't unless they change they mindset

we used to have unlimited weight class in men's wrestling (same as Judo) and at that time we had some huge huge wrestlers with big bellies ! they made a limit for that just to prevent such athletes to wrestle ! wrestling is probably the only fighting sport without unlimited weight class.

a funny story. we had a famous American Wrestler Chris Taylor he was almost 200kg !!! :yikes: at the time they wouldn't award points for stepping out of the mat. otherwise this guy could be multiple World Champion :d he still won an Olympic bronze because of his size. but there is a moment when German wrestler Wilfried Dietrich threw him and pinned him at the Olympics and the picture of that throw is something wrestling fans always remember. only because of this guy FILA (now UWW) made 130kg as max weight limit

49980882_126914032570.jpg