website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2018

Totallympics

what a pity. Hadi lost the opportunity of his life for a world title. the final score was 13-6 but the match was close. Hadi just made two stupid mistakes and gave up 10pts in two actions. when Geno was dead tired and only Hadi had a brain he could win this and the world title . Geno will beat the CHinese guy easily tomorrow.

so this is it. we will have 3 wrestlers trying for bronze tomorrow. :( I really think we deserved more. we lost matches we could and should win.

Russia and USA have all of their 4 wrestlers still alive either in the final or in repechage.

2nd day draws are out. none of our wrestlers got lucky :( but still better than brutal first day draw

57, Atri has the worst possible draw. he starts with Mongolia (which is my first pick to win the gold) if he wins then Andreyev which is a very good wrestler. then defending World Champion Takahashi and if he goes that far Uguev !! that's the worst possible draw. the bottom half is not VERY easy (comparing to what we had today in 74, 86 and 125) but still easier than the top half. we have Gilman, Edisherashvili, Kang, Atli and Artas Sanaa there.

65, we are sending a junior this year (not because he is a genious because we have nobody here !) and everybody know he has no chance but then he got the Olympic Champion Khinchegashvili right in the first round ! :facepalm: beside that we have Chakhaev and Stiebler in this half (facing each other in first round) there are few favorites in bottom half, Aliyev, Valdes, Bajrang, Gadzhiev and Niyazbekov. and there is a wrestler from Netherlands who is Iranian :d  I checked his results and he used to get some respectful results in Iranian nationals long time ago.

79, draw looks balanaced here even though we have more favorites in bottom half but two big names (Dake and the Russian) are in top half. Akbari got Takatani in 2nd round which won't be easy if he wins he will wrestle Kurbanov in QF (beat him in Asian Final this year) even though there is Russian-born wrestler from Romania and he is good enough to beat Kurbanov. we also have Jabrail Hasanov and Ali Shabanov in bottom half.

92, brutal draw for Karimi who was supposed to be our 2nd best chance for gold. after easy first round he has to face 2012 Olympic Champion Sharifov. then Russia in 3rd round and if he goes further Cox or Marsagashili waiting for him in SF ! all favorites are in bottom half. no exceptions. all of them !!! the only half decent wrestler in top half (as far as I know) is Serdar Boke !

1 minutę temu, phelps napisał:

by the way, also today UWW website sucks as usual...I have mat C not working this time...:facepalm:

That's strange, all mats work perfectly fine. Maybe something with your settings? Try another browser?

Once again I lost fight i wanted to watch :wacko: Can someone tell me what was result of repesage in 74kg between :UZB Abdurakhmonov and :POL Sokalski? Thank you very much.

Ligeti was hungary's only chance for medal today and he almost pinned Khizriev at the start of the match but missed that opportunity and lost it eventually. so it will be Hadi vs Khizriev for bronze. for Iran Yakhkeshi made it to the bronze medal match and Yazdani stormed into the mat and won his first repechage match.

on other news. Ali Aliyev lost to Valdes of Cuba !

4 minuti fa, Col_Frost ha scritto:

That's strange, all mats work perfectly fine. Maybe something with your settings? Try another browser?

Once again I lost fight i wanted to watch :wacko: Can someone tell me what was result of repesage in 74kg between :UZB Abdurakhmonov and :POL Sokalski? Thank you very much.

now they are all working...meh! :facepalm:

p.s. Sokalski lost by superiority (1-12 the score)...sorry...:dunno:

2 minuty temu, phelps napisał:

p.s. Sokalski lost by superiority (1-12 the score)...sorry...:dunno:

Well it's not any kind of suprise after all. From yesterday competitors I was count more on Baran and Baranowski, but they both lost with semifinalists. Thank you for answer.