website statistics

Asian Para Games 2018

hckošice

in Iran. they usually care about Para sports or at least they pretend to care. so the media usually cover such events like this . but since the official website sucks big time they lost the count of number of medals Iran have won. :d the official website sometimes is very slow in updating the results.

this is interesting that the TV coverage isn't that bad (I mean comparing to what you expect) I saw Iranian channels showing Powerlifting, sitting volleyball. wheelchair basketball. swimming and athletics. but the TV graphics almost doesn't exist ! in some sports they just show the result. and in some sports they just don't show anything ! :d sometimes they just show the big scoreboard in the stadium to see who is who.

we were always bad in swimming at any level. but here an Iranian swimmer already won 5 gold medals and he is looking for 2 more. now I see how it feels to win easy medals just by one "very good" athlete. which is not fair. in some sports you have to work hard to win just one medal (even if you are the best of the best) while in swimming just one athlete can win more gold than half of the countries in the Games !

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

It's so nice to see our Lusophone irmãos (brothers) doing well!

Timor Leste is the only nation not to have earned a medal at one of the events organized by the Olympic Council of Asia (even :BHU has 2 bronze medals -- Asian Marial Arts Games and Asian Martial Arts and Indoor Games -- and :MDV has one (Asian Beach Games). Finally :TLS has a continental medal now.

And if Wikipedia is to be trusted, :LAO and :OMA won their first medals ever at the Asian Para Games. 

Indeed.. Finally my life is complete :d

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

this is interesting that the TV coverage isn't that bad (I mean comparing to what you expect) I saw Iranian channels showing Powerlifting, sitting volleyball. wheelchair basketball. swimming and athletics. but the TV graphics almost doesn't exist ! in some sports they just show the result. and in some sports they just don't show anything ! :d sometimes they just show the big scoreboard in the stadium to see who is who.

Well.. this time they use local host broadcasters, so they use a national (yes, not international) standard. :facepalm:

They thought they can cover events like this.. They did not know it is being streamed at the Paralympic Channel and the whole world can watch it

At the end of the Games we had 33 countries on the medal table (including COR)

for Iran that was the best Games ever, 3rd place in medal table (Iran was 4th in 2010 and 2014) only 2 gold medals behind Korea in 2nd place. and Iran won gold medal for men in all 3 team sports (Goalball, Basketball and Volleyball) I could barely follow the Games but only watched the wheelchair basketball final today morning which was quite a match. Iran by a last seconds basket 68-66.

one thing that makes APG/Paralympics less enjoyable is the number of events in athletics and swimming. even though this team we had huge number of events in badminton and chess as well ! I wonder how come they had 19 events in badminton ! :yikes:

for example Iran won 51 gold medals here but more than half of them, 27 in athletics !! 6 in swimming (all of them by one swimmer Shahin Izadyar), 4 in Chess, 4 in powerlifting, 3 in shooting, 2 in judo. 2 in archery plus 3 team sports. personally I value much more medals in shooting, Judo, archery and team sports.

On 13/10/2018 at 17:20, MHSN said:

At the end of the Games we had 33 countries on the medal table (including COR)

for Iran that was the best Games ever, 3rd place in medal table (Iran was 4th in 2010 and 2014) only 2 gold medals behind Korea in 2nd place. and Iran won gold medal for men in all 3 team sports (Goalball, Basketball and Volleyball) I could barely follow the Games but only watched the wheelchair basketball final today morning which was quite a match. Iran by a last seconds basket 68-66.

one thing that makes APG/Paralympics less enjoyable is the number of events in athletics and swimming. even though this team we had huge number of events in badminton and chess as well ! I wonder how come they had 19 events in badminton ! :yikes:

for example Iran won 51 gold medals here but more than half of them, 27 in athletics !! 6 in swimming (all of them by one swimmer Shahin Izadyar), 4 in Chess, 4 in powerlifting, 3 in shooting, 2 in judo. 2 in archery plus 3 team sports. personally I value much more medals in shooting, Judo, archery and team sports.

There will be 14 Badminton events at the 2020 Paralympics, all they did here was just add some extra doubles events and split some combined classifications. But I agree with you about the number of athletics and swimming events, they shoud reduce the number of events per classification. For example the S3 classification doesn't need a 50m, 100m and 200m freestyle event on the program, just 2 would be sufficient.

ASIAN PARA GAMES 2018 MEDAL COUNT

Rank Country G S B Total
1 :CHN China 172 88 59 319
2 :KOR South Korea 53 45 46 144
3 :IRI Iran 51 42 43 136
4 :JPN Japan 45 70 83 198
5 :INA Indonesia 37 47 51 135
6 :UZB Uzbekistan 35 24 18 77
7 :THA Thailand 23 33 50 106
8 :MAS Malaysia 17 26 25 68
9 :IND India 15 24 33 72
10 :HKG Hong Kong 11 16 21 48