website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

23 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

And neck a whole bottle of wine when Diniz gets DQ'd or retires :d

Make that vodka when he craps his pants.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The say that the ranking for most disciplines is counted since Sep, 7th and marathon etc. from Mar, 7th. I was trying to find the ranking for the WCH 2019 on IAAF webside but I did not succeed. Or should I put there any special filter at the records&lists? Has anybody found anything?

• 1 month later...

IAAF changed their mind and reverted back to the old qualification system, World Rankings won't count (at least for 2019).

Under the Doha 2019 entry system, athletes will be able to qualify in four ways:

- By achieving the entry standard within the qualification period.
 - By winning the Area Championship in all individual events except the marathon, an athlete will be considered to have achieved the entry standard (subject to the approval of the Technical Delegate who will assess the standard of specific events).
 - By Wild Card, as the reigning World Champion, winner of the 2019 IAAF Diamond League or leader of the IAAF Hammer Throw Challenge, Race Walk Challenge and Combined Events Challenge (at the end of the qualification period). However only one athlete can be nominated per country under this clause as there is a limit of four athletes per country in total.
 - By being among the best ranked athletes on the IAAF Top Performance Lists within the respective qualifying periods (except in the 10,000m, marathon and race walks).

• 4 weeks later...