website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Photos Thread

bestmen

49 minutes ago, bestmen said:

i will regret my bad english as usual

you went by plane ? how many hours ?

From Argentina it was 9 hours to Mexico, 20 hours in Mexico and 14 hours to Tokyo, crossing the pacific ocean.

Dont worry, except in the Airport, the most part of the japanese dont speak english or they pronunce in japanese....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had three stops during my travel in the past two weeks, which was of course mostly focussed on visiting my best friend (who then became my girlfriend at the first stop) and seeing her biathlon competitions in the IBU Cup. I made some very nice new friends (most notably an Australian athlete and two Chilean athletes) and as always in the Alps, the landscape was beautiful. I'm not the best photographer and I just used my phone (and my main focus was on personal things instead of the landscapes and 'touristic' things), but still I'd like to show some pictures :)

Lenzerheide, Switzerland:

Spoiler

My first sight after getting out of the bus in Lenzerheide, with only a walk to the appartment to go:

RyG0HFc.jpg

Athletes training in Lenzerheide:

Suu0dzD.jpg

From first to last: Kristina Reztsova (RUS), Thekla Brun-Lie (NOR), Elisabeth Högberg (SWE), Sarah Beaudry (CAN) and Julia Simon (FRA) leaving the regular track to go to the shooting range in the single mixed relay.

zeoQrCv.jpg

Bruna and my flag watching Nadine Horchler (GER), Julia Schwaiger (AUT) and (I think) Megan Tandy (CAN) during the mixed relay, while waiting for Gabi Neres (BRA) to pass. 

8rRLvb8.jpg

Gabi doing epic battle with Mongolia's Ariunzul Enkhbayar at the end of their legs to decide who would have the honour of finishing in second-to-last place (ahead of already lapped Croatia):

S8E3JfC.jpg

Jill Colebourn of Australia during the sprint, which didn't exactly turn out great for her unfortunately. 

v2LpAaR.jpg

Livigno, Italy:

Spoiler

Snow in lovely Livigno:

ZWffSWp.jpg

Not leaving Italy without eating some really good icecream:

zAAJwGQ.png

Livigno is a pretty nice place, especially when it's snowing :) 

8NBCEY0.jpg

On the last day in Livigno the sun finally break through, meaning I could finally see some mountains that had mostly been hidden by clouds and snow:

66deysU.jpg

Obertilliach, Austria:

Spoiler

Decent view from my 'hotel':

c7Bwfqc.jpg

Unlike Lenzerheide, Obertilliach did have a Brazilian flag at the shooting range (although Chile and Argentina were still missing, while the non-present Netherlands did have a flag):

kfGq6uK.jpg

Nice surroundings around the hotel :)

pgDvUHK.jpg

Just a quick snap of the big star of the IBU Cup, Uliana Kaisheva, who the Russians treat rather unwell instead of giving her some much-deserved World Cup time (and not taking her out after one semi-bad World Cup race):

2w6sbKh.png

Not leaving Austria without a tasty Apfelstrudel and a good cup of hot chocolate at the biathlon stadium :d (during the mixed relay when the men were skiing, Brazil was out of the race at that point so I didn't care enough to go stand in the cold and continue not feeling my toes)

QWUjOxm.jpg

One last view before leaving in the morning:

PMzZ03L.jpg

Military at the Brenner/Brennero train station, the crossing between Italy and Austria....I wonder if anybody is ever going to take military serious with these hats:

Q5CWia9.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!