website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Photos Thread

bestmen

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I had three stops during my travel in the past two weeks, which was of course mostly focussed on visiting my best friend (who then became my girlfriend at the first stop) and seeing her biathlon competitions in the IBU Cup. I made some very nice new friends (most notably an Australian athlete and two Chilean athletes) and as always in the Alps, the landscape was beautiful. I'm not the best photographer and I just used my phone (and my main focus was on personal things instead of the landscapes and 'touristic' things), but still I'd like to show some pictures :)

Great pictures buddy :) looks you passed some great moments last weeks.

what about your trip to PyeongChang ? :d

Just now, hckosice said:

Great pictures buddy :) looks you passed some great moments last weeks.

what about your trip to PyeongChang ? :d

Some of the best days of my life :cheer: (which of course was not due to the biathlon, but due to one specific person :p ) 

The Chileans (Juan Agurto and Claudia Salcedo) were great too: Team Brazil/Australia left on Sunday, the Chileans are staying until tomorrow before travelling to Serbia for FIS-races. They barely speak English, but invited me for dinner Sunday night so I wouldn't have to eat all alone (in the days before I had cooked in their room already since there was no kitchen in my room), and at dinner they more or less ordered me to come have breakfast on Monday morning...during both meals we had our phones on the table to use Google Translate half the time :p 

Pyeongchang isn't happening, that was in case Bruna would qualify for the Olympics which is rather unrealistic now (she'd need some miraculous FIS points but isn't really gonna try FIS races anymore this season anyway). No problem, I'll save up for Beijing 2022 :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Some of the best days of my life :cheer: (which of course was not due to the biathlon, but due to one specific person :p ) 

The Chileans (Juan Agurto and Claudia Salcedo) were great too: Team Brazil/Australia left on Sunday, the Chileans are staying until tomorrow before travelling to Serbia for FIS-races. They barely speak English, but invited me for dinner Sunday night so I wouldn't have to eat all alone (in the days before I had cooked in their room already since there was no kitchen in my room), and at dinner they more or less ordered me to come have breakfast on Monday morning...during both meals we had our phones on the table to use Google Translate half the time :p 

Pyeongchang isn't happening, that was in case Bruna would qualify for the Olympics which is rather unrealistic now (she'd need some miraculous FIS points but isn't really gonna try FIS races anymore this season anyway). No problem, I'll save up for Beijing 2022 :) 

1. Thats really great, I´m really happy for you :thumbup:

2. Long live to Google Translator :d

3. :(

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

3. :(

Oh well, she saw that coming for a while already. The fact that she even had a chance to qualify for 2018 was sort of a miracle already, considering it's still only a bit more than three years ago since she stood on ski's for the first time in her life. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...