website statistics

Judo IJF World Championships 2018

bestmen

:champion::bowdown::bounce::cheer: wow . this is rare to see an Iranian not being afraid of Japan. he was obviously the better Judoka and took his chance at the end. he became only the 2nd Iranian to win a World title in Judo . and 3rd gold medal for Iran overall.

when he started his early celebration (after that first waza-ari) it was all over the Asian Games tragedy again but only this time thing finished in a different way.

1 ora fa, dareza ha scritto:

btw this is Slovenian judoka Mihael Zgank world silver medalist from last year.  Turkey :sick: First this Greek guy in 81, now this.

Untitldded.png

actually Albayrak is not even Greek, since he was born in Georgia with the original name of Vano Revazishvili, then changed in Roman Moustopoulos when he moved to Greece...

so, we can say he's a journeyman, to say the least...:rofl:

1 ora fa, LDOG ha scritto:

They won 8 last year and now they already have 4 + 2 finals but they somehow will fail at home, ok :mumble:

but the Olympic Games are a different beast...

first, they only have one competitor per weight class, which makes their selection more complicated...

then, they often spend most of their mental energy to make the squad, which is generally more difficult than actually win a medal once you're in the team...

add to that the enormous pressure they have to face each and every time they go to the Olympics...

and you have results like those of the last few Olympic editions, where they won very few Gold medals if compared to the world champs (and their expectations)...

Edited by phelps

hace 8 minutos, phelps said:

but the Olympic Games are a different beast...

first, they only have one competitior per weight class, which makes their selection more complicated...

then, they often spend most of their mental energy to make the squad, which is generally more difficult than actually win a medal once you're in the team...

add to that the enormous pressure they have to face each and every time they go to the Olympics...

and you have results like those of the last few Olympic editions, where they won very few Gold medals if compared to the world champs (and their expectations)...

You guys talk as if the games will be in Paris or Budapest but they will be in Tokyo. Sorry, but home advantage always makes a team perform to the best (or close to) of their capabilities. This is a law of olympics, tested and proven every 4 years. Japan with less than 5 or 6 golds would be a disaster for them.

Adesso, LDOG ha scritto:

You guys talk as if the games will be in Paris or Budapest but they will be in Tokyo. Sorry, but home advantage always makes a team perform to the best (or close to) of their capabilities. This is a law of olympics, tested and proven every 4 years. Japan with less than 5 or 6 golds would be a disaster for them.

I don't know why, but I see it on the contrary for Japanese, like they get destroyed by the home pressure. It's just my sensation, obviously. Personally  I think that Japan, out of 15 events, will win 9-10, including the team. But I won't be disappointed, if that is not going to happen.