website statistics

Wrestling UWW Junior World Championships 2018

nitinsanker

7 hours ago, MHSN said:

Guys all videos are available on youtube and these Vijay guys don't look similar at all. both of them have Vijay on back of their singlets .

well I was looking for an unbelievable story here. but no kidding I found the article there is a rule about it. wrestlers can wrestle in two weights if they want !

No. They are not same wrestlers of course. I do not what but for most of the Indians on UW site their first name is repeated twice and second name is not mentioned at all. 

I am sure their second name would be difference and all this confusion would have been avoided if the second name too was mentioned instead of Vijay Vijay for both.

It was a super move by 60Kg. Vijay though to pin the Iranian. Do not see such time of moves usually in greco. Let see now if he is strong enough against Turkish wrestler in the final.

looks like we only have to bring our wrestlers in to the medal round. they know how to win the last match :p we had 6 wrestlers in medal matches, 4 in the final and 2 in bronze medal match. and all 6 of them won their matches . all of them convincingly. :champion: which means Iran finished the Greco competition with 4 gold and 2 bronze and most importantly with the team title (for the 2nd consecutive year)

we could have two more in the finals. feel sorry for Foruzandeh, he could win the gold but instead he went home empty handed. Nejati also was great but just made a dumb mistake against our friend Vijay and got pinned. (not a sure thing winning the gold, the Turkish guy Kamal who manhandled Vijay in the final was pretty good)

The Greco team did great, same as last year. looks like our future in Greco looks good. Iran also won the team title in World Youth Champs couple months ago but unfortunately I don't have the same confidence about the freestyle. let's see what they can do here. last year was disastrous. but they claim this year we have a better team.

Not a great day in the womens .............

I think we had a bad draw , 3/5  of our women lost to japanese ( which normally means an automatic repechage) ............... and also to add to our misfortunes the same half seem to have the russians also ...................

One semifinal(  loss ) by anshu was the best , but there is a russian in her half so we would need to see what happens in the bronze  match ................... another girl  in the repechange but has to face a russian again if she reaches the bronze match so thinks not looking bright ...... hopefully one medal by Anshu ....the draw tomorrow looks slightly but not a lot better tomorrow with manasi again facing a chinese and a russian ......................So hoping for the best ........................ Our womens squad is reasonable but does not have any one really classy who can seriously take on the Japnese or even russians 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Day #2 (Greco-Roman) Medallists

-60kg

Gold: :TUR Kerem Kamal

Silver: :IND Vijay Vijay

Bronze: :JPN Kazuki Yabe & :IRI Alì Reza Nejati

-67kg

Gold: :ARM Malkhas Amoyan

Silver: :UZB Makhmut Bakhshilloev

Bronze: :IRI Yousef Hosseinvand & :UKR Parviz Nasibov

-72kg

Gold: :IRI Amin Kavianinejad

Silver: :GEO Nikoloz Tchikaidze

Bronze: :TUR Erkan Ergen & :RUS Magomed Yarbilov

-82kg

Gold: :RUS Aleksandr Andreevitch Komarov

Silver: :USA Andrew Douglas Berreyesa

Bronze: :HUN Istvan Takacs & :TUR Muhutdin Saricicek

-97kg

Gold: :FIN Arvi Martin Savolainen

Silver: :AUT Markus Ragginger

Bronze: :RUS Artur Sargsian & :HUN Balint Vaczi

p.s. @MHSN please, tell me if the Iranian names have to be changed (always because of that thing of the wrong interpretation on their passports)...

Edited by phelps

Day #3 (Women's Wrestling) Finals

-50kg

Gold: :JPN vs :GER

Bronze: :KAZ vs :ITA / :TPE / :TUR & :RUS vs :MDA / :CHN

-55kg

Gold: :MGL vs :JPN

Bronze: :RUS vs :TUN / :IND & :CHN vs :TUR / :KOR

-59kg

Gold: :JPN vs :MDA

Bronze: :KAZ vs :CHN / :GER / :UKR & :IND vs :RUS / :HUN

-68kg

Gold: :RUS vs :USA

Bronze: :KOR vs :JPN / :TUN & :CHN vs :SWE / :UKR

-76kg

Gold: :RUS vs :CHN

Bronze: :KAZ vs :SWE & :JPN vs :UKR / :MGL

Edited by phelps

1 minute ago, phelps said:

p.s. @MHSN please, tell me if the Iranian names have to be changed (always because of that thing of the wrong interpretation on their passports)...

for whatever reason UWW/FILA uses the father name of Iranian wrestlers as well. I know in most Arab countries they use only the father name (alongside with the givenname) but in Iran the naming system is similar to western countries. plus no middle name here. it's only given name + surname. some names are more than one part though. but father name is nowhere mentioned in the passport as part of their own name that's just a UWW thing.

by saying that. 60kg guy is just Ali Reza (or Alireza) Nejati, 67kg guy is Yousef Hosseinvand (you can drop that Fathi part as well) and 72kg gold medalist is Amin Kavianinejad.

Day #3 (Women's Wrestling) Medallists

-50kg

Gold: :JPN Yui Susaki

Silver: :GER Ellen Riesterer

Bronze: :KAZ Marina Zakshevskaya & :RUS Veronika Gurskaya

-55kg

Gold: :JPN Saki Igarashi

Silver: :MGL Khaliunaa Bayaraa

Bronze: :RUS Ekaterina Verbina & :CHN Hou Jiajing

-59kg

Gold: :MDA Anastasia Nichita

Silver: :JPN Sae Nanjo

Bronze: :UKR Tetiana Rizhko & :IND Anshu Anshu

-68kg

Gold: :RUS Khanum Velieva

Silver: :USA Macey Ellen Kilty

Bronze: :JPN Miwa Morikawa & :UKR Alina Rudnytska Levytska

-76kg

Gold: :CHN Huang Yuanyuan

Silver: :RUS Elmira Khalaeva

Bronze: :JPN Yasuha Matsuyuki & :SWE Denise Sabina Makota Stroem

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

Day #3 (Women's Wrestling) Medallists

-50kg

Gold: :JPN Yui Susaki

Silver: :GER Ellen Riesterer

Bronze: :KAZ Marina Zakshevskaya & :RUS Veronika Gurskaya

-55kg

Gold: :JPN Saki Igarashi

Silver: :MGL Khaliunaa Bayaraa

Bronze: :RUS Ekaterina Verbina & :CHN Hou Jiajing

-59kg

Gold: :MDA Anastasia Nichita

Silver: :JPN Sae Nanjo

Bronze: :UKR Tetiana Rizhko & :IND Anshu Anshu

-68kg

Gold: :RUS Khanum Velieva

Silver: :USA Macey Ellen Kilty

Bronze: :JPN Miwa Morikawa & :UKR Alina Rudnytska Levytska

-76kg

Gold: :CHN Huang Yuanyuan

Silver: :RUS Elmira Khalaeva

Bronze: :JPN Yasuha Matsuyuki & :SWE Denise Sabina Makota Stroem

the japanese samurai women back to form , they were in asian juniors beaten by the  chinese ........so I was expecting some trouble , but they bought back the phenomenal yu from the senior team ............................. India win 4th medal at juniors so we have beaten our very best total I think ever which is 3 ....... with freestyle yett to come , our team is phenomenal this year my prediction of 6-8 medals seems fairly doable ...... manasi tomorrow maay win us a medal , but for karuna who is repechage I have lower hopes .... then comes freestyle ... deepak punia and sachin rathi and vishal kaliraman in middle weights and naveen in the 57 are  the pick of the lot......a couple of new names so they may also be good  

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi