website statistics

Wrestling UWW Junior World Championships 2018

nitinsanker

8 hours ago, bestmen said:

after boxing India is showing their force in wrestling , what's the next ; judo /taekwondo ? 

Actually you have missed shooting ...... where we today have the best junior team ....today we also have a classy jr team in tt ....judo / taekwondo :lol: i wish ........... but yesterday we had our best GR wrestlers Sajan , vijay .. today except kundu all are unknown let us see if we have the class....... also good draws favored us yesterday ...... but that being said really awesome job by coaches to improve GR ...,, also our freestyle team is really good in the asian juniors we were head to head with IRI so have high hopes there.... women are decent too .... so hoping for our best ever perf in junior wrestling 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

9 hours ago, MHSN said:

yeah I watched some of his matches, he is pretty good. very technical. still our wrestler is not without hope, he is tough and strong (less technical though) , we usually do well against Armenians

btw I saw some wrestlers were already balding ! at 20 ?! seriously some countries should stop sending overaged wrestlers :thumbdown:

Agree the armenian looked suprising mature in 130 ..... who else ???

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

12 hours ago, thepharoah said:

1st medal for Egypt , hope it's Gold tommorow :yes

Great job ..... i was praying you lose as he went against an Indian but well deserved win :cry:

Second day semifinals:

60kg:

:IRI vs :IND

:TUR vs :ROU

67kg:

:ARM vs :TUR

:EGY vs :UZB

72kg:

:IRI vs :RUS

:JPN vs :GEO

82kg:

:RUS vs :GEO

:TUR vs :USA

97kg:

:AUT vs :HUN

:BLR vs :FIN

Iran started the day the same as yesterday, losing two wrestlers right in the first round but everything was good since then until the 82kg quarterfinal. that still hurts me ! Forouzandeh was leading the Russian 2-0 comfortably but slipped on the mat in last 2 seconds and lost it by a caution (since he touched opponent's leg in a defensive way) how come our wrestlers doing this kind of mistakes again and again. :(

Our remaining two wrestlers look good so far. Kavininejad is a last year World Junior Champion who is knocking the door in senior level and narrowly missed the senior team this year. anything less than gold will be a very bad result for him. and Nejati also dominated his matches so far.

What a silly mistake by Mohamed Ibrahim against the Uzbek , he was leading 5-1 just 30 seconds to go and then got rolled in a really silly way , i wonder if tge Uzbek guy deserved only 2 points on this move and i wonder why our coach didn't challenge the call as long as our wrestler was already down by last points superiority rule , really dissapointing loss we could have easily 2 in the finals abd now he'll have to face either Kazakh the Asian champion or the Iranian guy in bronze tommorow 

there is an Indian guy winning bronze at 55 "Vijay" and another Indian who pinned our wrestler by surprise and went to the final at 60kg. again Vijay ! the same person ?! :yikes: this sounds crazy but I remember I head somewhere that from this month UWW let wrestlers participate in one weight up as well. but I hope our Indian friends confirm this. the same guy or not ? if he is the same guy. he just made history by winning 2 medals in one Greco-Roman competition !

mixed feeling about today. we could send 3 wrestlers to the final but we got only 1 ! our other 4 wrestlers will be alive in repechage tomorrow. even though knowing the mentality of Iranian wrestlers they usually don't survive in repechage when they have to start from the 1st round. after Forouzandeh blowing away his gold medal chance by that stupid last second mistake. Nejati also made another one against this Vijay guy and got pinned despite having the match under his control. but on other hand Kavianinejad despite being disappointing managed to beat Russia 1-1 . to be honest winning 1-1 by cautions is not something to be proud of.

Finals for tomorrow: interesting that 10 wrestlers from 10 different countries

60: :IND vs :TUR

67: :ARM vs :UZB

72: :IRI vs :GEO

82: :RUS vs :USA

97: :AUT vs :FIN