website statistics

Wrestling UWW Junior World Championships 2018

nitinsanker

43 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

Was just checking on AZE that rathi is facing seems to be hot stuff ....a cadet world champ and he took apart a russian in the earlier round seems like a great wrestler but rathi has a strong heart ,  I am hoping for the best 

whoops rathi lost 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

wow! what a great final in the -65kg class, with so many lead changes...

unfortunately for our friend @MHSN the Russian Kazyryk won the gold medal thanks to a takedown with just 8 or 9 seconds to go...

:IRI Maghsoudi must be satisfied with Silver, meanwhile MDA and UKR took Bronze...

1 minute ago, phelps said:

wow! what a great final in the -65kg class, with so many lead changes...

unfortunately for our friend @MHSN the Russian Kazyryk won the gold medal thanks to a takedown with just 8 or 9 seconds to go...

:IRI Maghsoudi must be satisfied with Silver, meanwhile MDA and UKR took Bronze...

that was the story of the day for Iran. this is the 4th defeat in last 20 seconds. and the most painful one. obviously there is something wrong. they just can't focus in last 30 seconds.

well we will have one wrestler in the final tomorrow and he already beat Russia. so maybe one gold. still a very bad tournament.

Day #6 (Freestyle) Medallists

-57kg

Gold: :RUS Akhmed Idrisov

Silver: :IND Naveen Naveen

Bronze: :USA Daton Duain Fix & :ARM Arsen Harutyunyan

-65kg

Gold: :RUS Saiyn Kazyryk

Silver: :IRI Amir Maghsoudi

Bronze: :MDA Nicolai Grahmez & :UKR Erik Arushanian

-70kg

Gold: :AZE Khadzhimurad Ghadziyev

Silver: :RUS Razambek Zhamalov

Bronze: :USA Brady Gary Berge & :MDA Vasile Diacon

-79kg

Gold: :JPN Hayato Ishiguro

Silver: :USA Aaron Marquel Brooks

Bronze: :AZE Orkhan Abasov & :UKR Adlan Bataiev

-97kg

Gold: :RUS Magomedkhan Magomedov

Silver: :USA Zachery Samuel Elam

Bronze: :GEO Zuriko Urtashvili & :KAZ Seryk Bakytkhanov

so, just another day at the office for Russia (3 Gold & 1 Silver for them), good 4 medals (but no gold) for the USA and a surprising gold for Japan, not because it's Japan, but because it came in a weight class where they're supposed not to be so good...

and more than anything, as a neutral fan, I really appreciated that we had 3 great final matches (65, 70 and 79 kg classes)...

1 ora fa, MHSN ha scritto:

that was the story of the day for Iran. this is the 4th defeat in last 20 seconds. and the most painful one. obviously there is something wrong. they just can't focus in last 30 seconds.

well we will have one wrestler in the final tomorrow and he already beat Russia. so maybe one gold. still a very bad tournament.

I understand your point of view and your expectations, but let me tell you, my friend...

you can't even imagine how much I'd like Italy being as "bad" as Iran in Wrestling...:rofl:;)