website statistics

Wrestling UWW Junior World Championships 2018

nitinsanker

10 minutes ago, dareza said:

This Russian guy in 77 looks great. He destroyed this Indian guy after 2min.

well he had a VERY tough draw. he beat least world gold and silver medalists (Kamal Bey and Akzhol Makhmudov) before the final. this one was too easy for him comparing to those two guys BUT I have unpopular opinion about him. he is actually very boring. doing absolutely nothing on standing position. just blocking blocking and waiting for cautions to score from gut wrench.

btw we started the final with a nice surprise. Nasserpour managed to tire the Armenian guy and finally beat him 9-4. at first it looked like an easy gold for Armenia but Nasserpour fought his way into the gold medal. hope for two more tonight.

perfect evening for Iran, 3 out of 3 in the finals. Saravi and Mirzazadeh didn't have much problems in the final as expected, Nasserpour's gold medal was a pleasent surprise. we have one more shot for the gold tomorrow with Kavianinejad. and I still think Forouzandeh and Nejati should and could be in the final as well but I'm still glad with the performance. and we will have 4 other wrestlers trying for the bronze tomorrow. hope for couple of bronze at least. it seems Iran is in a good position for the team title. which Iran won last year as well with 3 gold medals. unlike freestyle it seems our Greco program is in good situation in youth levels.

first day medalists:

55kg:

Gold :IRI Pouya NASERPOUR

Silver :ARM Tigran MINASYAN

Bronze :RUS Emin SEFERSHAEV and :IND Vijay VIJAY

63kg:

Gold :KGZ Erbol BAKIROV

Silver :EGY Hassan Hassan Ahmed MOHAMED

Bronze :RUS Azamat KAIROV and :HUN Krisztian VANCZA

77kg:

Gold :RUS Islam OPIEV

Silver :IND Sajan SAJAN

Bronze :KGZ Akzhol MAKHMUDOV and :NOR Per Anders KURE

87kg:

Gold :IRI Mohammadhadi SARAVI

Silver :SUI Ramon BETSCHART

Bronze :RUS Ilia ERMOLENKO and :AZE Nazarshah FATULLAYEV

130kg:

Gold :IRI Amin MIRZAZADEH

Silver :ARM David OVASAPYAN

Bronze :GER Franz RICHTER and :USA Cohlton SCHULTZ

2 ore fa, MHSN ha scritto:

there is an Indian guy winning bronze at 55 "Vijay" and another Indian who pinned our wrestler by surprise and went to the final at 60kg. again Vijay ! the same person ?! :yikes: this sounds crazy but I remember I head somewhere that from this month UWW let wrestlers participate in one weight up as well. but I hope our Indian friends confirm this. the same guy or not ? if he is the same guy. he just made history by winning 2 medals in one Greco-Roman competition !

no, he's not the same guy...Vijay is one of the most common names in India (as far as I know), therefore I guess it's just a question of 2 people having the same name...:mumble:

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, he's not the same guy...Vijay is one of the most common names in India (as far as I know), therefore I guess it's just a question of 2 people having the same name...:mumble:

Yeah I know. it's hard to believe for me someone can wrestle in both weights at the same day. but since i heard about that crazy rule few days ago (and didn't pay attention much to read the details) I was just wondering if that's possible specially because the Indian 60kg guy looked a bit small for that weight. (didn't see the 55kg Vijay today to compare them, watched him yesterday but can't remember the face)

still wait for our Indian friends to confirm that. even though I know that's very unlikely

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Yeah I know. it's hard to believe for me someone can wrestle in both weights at the same day. but since i heard about that crazy rule few days ago (and didn't pay attention much to read the details) I was just wondering if that's possible specially because the Indian 60kg guy looked a bit small for that weight. (didn't see the 55kg Vijay today to compare them, watched him yesterday but can't remember the face)

still wait for our Indian friends to confirm that. even though I know that's very unlikely

Didn’t find anything to suggest they are the same. So, am assuming that it is just a case of two wrestlers having same name. 

@MHSN and @Dolby

I just checked the UWW website...and I think that in the results page there's a mistake, not just 2 people with the same name...

in the official entry list, in fact, the Indian guy in the -55kg is actually listed as Vijay Vijay, but the -60kg Indian wrestler is listed as Sachin Rana...:evil:

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/three-reigning-greco-roman-junior-world-champions-registered-trnava2018

therefore I guess it was just a misunderstanting/mistake by the guys running the UWW site...

17 minutes ago, phelps said:

@MHSN and @Dolby

I just checked the UWW website...and I think that in the results page there's a mistake, not just 2 people with the same name...

in the official entry list, in fact, the Indian guy in the -55kg is actually listed as Vijay Vijay, but the -60kg Indian wrestler is listed as Sachin Rana...:evil:

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/three-reigning-greco-roman-junior-world-champions-registered-trnava2018

therefore I guess it was just a misunderstanting/mistake by the guys running the UWW site...

This conplicates the matter as apart from Vijay/Sachin there is difference in name of 3 more wrestlers from India, in 63, 67 and 130 kgs. Most likely we switched some of the wrestlers at the last minute. So, can’t be sure if Sachin participated or some other Vijay. 

Guys all videos are available on youtube and these Vijay guys don't look similar at all. both of them have Vijay on back of their singlets .

well I was looking for an unbelievable story here. but no kidding I found the article there is a rule about it. wrestlers can wrestle in two weights if they want !

6 hours ago, thepharoah said:

What a silly mistake by Mohamed Ibrahim against the Uzbek , he was leading 5-1 just 30 seconds to go and then got rolled in a really silly way , i wonder if tge Uzbek guy deserved only 2 points on this move and i wonder why our coach didn't challenge the call as long as our wrestler was already down by last points superiority rule , really dissapointing loss we could have easily 2 in the finals abd now he'll have to face either Kazakh the Asian champion or the Iranian guy in bronze tommorow 

Just finished watching the match, no that was the correct call and that was easily a 4pts throw. no need to challenge such obvious thing and lose one more point . at 5-5 he still had the chance for one point pushout to win the match but if it was 5-4 he had to score two since even 5-5 wasn't enough for your wrestler.

when the action starts on standing position and not on the ground. that's a 4pts throw. but yes he could easily avoid that throw. or at least go down for a 2pts takedown instead he landed on his back and gave up 4pts.

Edited by MHSN