website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2018

I am impressed with you all that I didn't have to extend the deadline as all 36 countries have submitted their entries to the contest, though the deadline doesn't close for another 6 hours. This weekend, @Olympian1010 and I will vote for our favorite entries and then we'll open up the voting process as soon as we voted. Once again, I congratulate you all for heeding the deadline, and I hope we can do the same for the voting process.

14 minutes ago, dezbee2008 said:

I am impressed with you all that I didn't have to extend the deadline as all 36 countries have submitted their entries to the contest, though the deadline doesn't close for another 6 hours. This weekend, @Olympian1010 and I will vote for our favorite entries and then we'll open up the voting process as soon as we voted. Once again, I congratulate you all for heeding the deadline, and I hope we can do the same for the voting process.

I gave myself a 13 :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 hours ago, dcro said:

There will be one more new event, as for the first time we'll keep track of the Individual All-Around competition. Points from 2018 Annual and 2018 Open will be combined to determine the 2018 All-Around rankings, with only the nations that participated at both contests being eligible. Italy will therefore start in pole position, and it will be interesting to see if they can hold their rivals at bay for this title.

So, just like Agenda 2020 suggests, the number of (urban) TISC events is growing... :p

Open Grand Final

Individual All-Around

Team Challenge

Mixed Team Music'thlon

No elimination rounds? Atleast one event needs to have elimination round to create a sudden death type of situation. Also, simple addition of points for All-Around competition is so 20th century. 

29 minutes ago, Dolby said:

No elimination rounds? Atleast one event needs to have elimination round to create a sudden death type of situation. Also, simple addition of points for All-Around competition is so 20th century. 

It's good that we were progressive enough and already implemented the mixed rules, where men and women can start singing at any point of the song.

There will be two more special awards. Here are they exemplified with the Jubilee results.

image.png.630e58e977f48c60126e1b4939f1020e.pngJ'en Suis La Award - Nation who climbed the most between the half-way point and the end (2018 Annual - France - climbed from 33rd to 10th)

image.png.6f88ae0035e14d7e265c0cc713d52391.pngPassionfruit Award - Nation who scored the most consistent points (2018 Annual - Canada - 80% of their scores were 5s, 6s and 7s)

They are named after the French and Canadian songs who "achieved" them at the Jubilee. :d Therefore the specified awards will be a part of the Jubilee legacy.

#banbestmen