website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2018

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

:ARG Argentina Entry :ARG

Los Abuelos de la Nada - Costumbres Argentinas

Costumbres Argentinas is a song written by singer Andres Calamaro back in 1985 when he was part of a band named Los abuelos de la nada ("the grandpas of nothingness"). It is a very iconic song of the 80s argentine rock and one of my personal favorites, hope someone else likes it too.

English Translation

Reveal hidden contents

Argentine Customs

I bite the hook
and I start over
every time

I have in hand
the card
to play the game
when you want

Walking
Walking you
my street
that maybe
I could change

Waiting
Waiting you
argentine customs
of saying
no!

The problem is again the situation
always worse
of the heart

I walk everything
and I see
every time I want
and I wait for you

Walking
Walking you
my street
that maybe
I could change

Waiting
Waiting you
argentine customs
of saying
no!

@LDOG

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

52 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Hi everyone, maybe next time. We have national holidays in China, I am on the trip with my family. Lack of time to spend on the internet. I am sorry

It’s all good, enjoy your vacation :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:SLO SLOVENIA  :SLO 

Elvis Jackson - Street 45

This time I present song from Slovenian ska band Elvis Jackson, published in 2011. This song talks about real violence on common street , named Street 45 in New York.

Elvis Jackson are one of rare musicians of this genre gaining huge popularity in our country, so hope you will enjoy one of their greatest hits, which was released on album Against the Gravity.

Edited by justony

A shocking entry! I believe that almost half of ODEPA (South America) is represented at the TISC Open this year.

All of North America is represented as well :p

:BRA BRAZIL  :BRA 

Rubel - Quando Bate Aquela Saudade

Although the video clip below was released in 2015 the official song was released before the closing deadline for the contest's participation (the song link was sent by inbox to dezbee2008). The song is about Saudade, a Portuguese word that does not have reliable translation for other languages, because it is a feeling that means a nostalgic sadness difficult to interpret as something positive or negative. This genre has been increasingly popular in Brazil as indie/folk, acting as an alternative to the two predominant genres in Brazil: sertanejo (brazilian country) and pop/rock.