Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Totallympics

Sport Climbing IFSC World Championships 2018

dareza    646

Hm 38., 3., and 35. for Gejo Imo she is in top 15 in combinated event for sure, but maybe she is in top 10?

phelps    536

Women's Speed, climbers qualified to the Knockout Stage

:POL Aleksandra Rudzinska
:FRA Anouck Jaubert
:RUS Mariia Krasavina
:POL Aleksandra Kalucka
:RUS Anna Tsyganova
:POL Anna Brozek
:CHN Yi Song
:RUS Elizaveta Ivanova
:POL Patrycja Chudziak
:RUS Iuliia Kaplina
:FRA Victoire Andrier
:POL Natalia Kalucka
:CHN Di Niu
:RUS Ekaterina Barashchuk
:CHN Cui Lian He
:UKR Alla Marenych

also in this event we didn't have many surprising early eliminations, just the Russian Timofeeva (+ her teammate Krasovskaia and the young Italian Dalla Brida, who did suicide themselves with a false start)...

MHSN    348

I just noticed we had a 21st place finish in bouldering while only top 20 could make it to the semifinals ! what a pity :( I didn't even know we have more than one athlete (beside Alipour of course) here. obviously they paid for their own trips.

phelps    536
1 ora fa, dareza ha scritto:

Hm 38., 3., and 35. for Gejo Imo she is in top 15 in combinated event for sure, but maybe she is in top 10?

I think she's way better than just "top 10"...she should be 7th (the first outside the final on Sunday)...:mumble:

at a first quick look, I'd say she's behind only the Japanese duo Miho Nonaka & Akiyo Noguchi, the Slovenian Janja Garnbret, the Swiss Petra Klinger and the Austrian Jessica Pilz...

but this only if they use the qualification results of every single discipline...if they use the (final) general result, we still have to wait for the bouldering finals, which could change many things (only Nonaka, Garnbret and Kotake can consider themselves sure to make the top 6 in any case)...

edit: I also found out that the Korean Sa Sol should be better than Gejo...

maybe I was a bit too optimistic about her chances to make the final...:facepalm:

Edited by phelps
  • Thanks 1

dareza    646
6 minutes ago, phelps said:

I think she's way better than just "top 10"...she should be 7th (the first outside the final on Sunday)...:mumble:

at a first quick look, I'd say she's behind only the Japanese duo Miho Nonaka & Akiyo Noguchi, the Slovenian Janja Garnbret, the Swiss Petra Klinger and the Austrian Jessica Pilz...

but this only if they use the qualification results of every single discipline...if they use the (final) general result, we still have to wait for the bouldering finals, which could change many things (only Nonaka, Garnbret and Kotake can consider themselves sure to make the top 6 in any case)...

edit: I also found out that the Korean Sa sol should be better than Gejo...

maybe I was a bit too optimistic about her chances to make the final...:facepalm:

eh pity really. Result in lead was not that good. She was solid this year, but she had problems at this WC in that discipline.

phelps    536

however, I hope the official website would eventually give us an update about the combined event, because it's impossible to make all calculations by myself...:wall:

MHSN    348

Alipour finished first in the qualification. which is a bit surprising to me i was expecting him to be a bit out of shape right after the Asian Games. even though it still means nothing as we know how things work in knockout round. everything is possible. but at least being the top seed gives you a bit of confidence.

but I really don't like the format for speed knockout rounds. they have to make it best of 3 or something like that. during the Asian Games (if I'm not wrong ) 3 out of 4 speed finals ended up with false start !! that's no fun for the natural audience .

• Thanks 1

Gianlu33    896

Again a false start in an important phase of the event... They should modify something, I guess

Gianlu33    896

As expected, with a lot of luck in the final, Alipour won. What disaster for the French guy that don't touch the top :facepalm:

Edited by Gianlu33

heywoodu    3,226

First time this is on Dutch TV (Eurosport) and I'm enjoying it a lot :d 

Commentator about the presence of so many Russians in the speed event:

"Russians love speed.....

I mean in climbing."

Spoiler

speed = metamphetamine