website statistics

Sport Climbing IFSC World Championships 2018

Totallympics

I had a great time watching today, looking forward to the boulders on Tuesday and a obviously the Olympics 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Women's Boulder, climbers qualified to the Semifinals

:RUS Tatiana Shemulinkina
:CAN Alannah Yip
:AUT Katharina Saurwein
:AUT Johanna Färber
:FRA Manon Hily
:AUT Jessica Pilz
:KOR Sol Sa
:FRA Fanny Gibert
:GBR Hannah Slaney
:SUI Petra Klingler
:AUT Berit Schwaiger
:USA Alex Puccio
:UKR Ievgeniia Kazbekova
:BEL Chloe Caulier
:USA Margo Hayes
:SLO Katja Kadic
:SRB Stasa Gejo
:JPN Miho Nonaka
:SLO Janja Garnbret
:JPN Akiya Noguchi

Edited by phelps

I'm gonna watch the lead competition now, can someone explain to me in easy terms again what the meaning of all this is? :p

zyS02l0.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 ora fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

I'm gonna watch the lead competition now, can someone explain to me in easy terms again what the meaning of all this is? :p

zyS02l0.png

this is the qualifications result of the Lead event, which was held with the athletes competing in 2 separate groups...

the numbers you see are the final placing in their respective qualification heat and, between brackets, the ranking points within each group of starters (ranking is used to build the starting groups in the various competitions that need 2 separate groups...the serpentine system is used for that)...

the formula for the ranking points is available at pages 27-28 of the rulebook

http://www.ifsc-climbing.org/images/World_competitions/Event_regulations/IFSC-Rules_2018_V1.5.pdf

Edited by phelps

Men's Boulder, climbers qualified to the Semifinals

:AUT Florian Klingler
:AUT Jakob Schubert
:GBR William Ridal
:UKR Sergii Topishko
:ISR Nimrod Marcus
:GER Jan Hojer
:FRA Manuel Cornu
:JPN Keita Watabe
:ITA Gabriele Moroni
:SLO Gregor Vezonik
:GBR Nathan Phillips
:JPN Kokoro Fujii
:CZE Adam Ondra
:RUS Aleksei Rubtsov
:FRA Mickael Mawem
:JPN Yoshiyuki Ogata
:JPN Kai Harada
:KOR Jong Won Chon
:JPN Tomoa Narasaki
:SLO Jernej Kruder

no major surprise in the men's boulder qualifications, all the favourite guys are through without too many troubles...

tomorrow it's time for the entire competition of the fast and furious Speed event, where a great fight between the Russians and the Asian climbers (and France, Poland + hopefully also Italy as the outsiders...well, actually Joubert from France in the women's division and Dzienski from Poland in the men's division are more than simple outsiders) is expected...

the Finals (M+W) are scheduled for 8 p.m. CET (Live on the usual channels...Youtube, ORF Sport+, Eurosport and Eurosport Player, Totallympics TV)...

p.s. tomorrow it's also time for the Para-Cimbing Finals...but don't expect me to follow and post anything about that...

Women's Speed, climbers qualified to the Knockout Stage

:POL Aleksandra Rudzinska
:FRA Anouck Jaubert
:RUS Mariia Krasavina
:POL Aleksandra Kalucka
:RUS Anna Tsyganova
:POL Anna Brozek
:CHN Yi Song
:RUS Elizaveta Ivanova
:POL Patrycja Chudziak
:RUS Iuliia Kaplina
:FRA Victoire Andrier
:POL Natalia Kalucka
:CHN Di Niu
:RUS Ekaterina Barashchuk
:CHN Cui Lian He
:UKR Alla Marenych

also in this event we didn't have many surprising early eliminations, just the Russian Timofeeva (+ her teammate Krasovskaia and the young Italian Dalla Brida, who did suicide themselves with a false start)...