website statistics

Tennis US Open 2018

Totallympics

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Great that he was able to use the absence of Auger-Aliassime, Kuhn, Molleker and the other guys. Doesn't mean much for his future though.

I like Auger-Aliassime's game, what a talent. But it appears that he's often injured and now this retirement because of heart problems is really worrying.

6 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Wozniacki was the most surprising slam winner ever and she still became number 1 if i remember correctly, gonna be hard for Osaka to top that.

Wozniacki was not a surprise, she was that inevitable mistake that happens during a process :d I blame Fett!

Edited by Wanderer

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Wanderer:

I like Auger-Aliassime's game, what a talent. But it appears that he's often injured and now this retirement because of heart problems is really worrying.

Yes, Felix has everything it takes, but there is a huge question mark whether his health issues will allow him to play multiple best of 5 matches in a short time in the future. Who knows, maybe ATP will decide to have best of 3 at slams too, then Felix and Zverev might have a serious chance at slams.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Wanderer:

Wozniacki was not a surprise, she was that inevitable mistake that happens during a process :d I blame Fett!

If she was the mistake, then what would you call Bartoli or Pennetta? Personally i blame Kerber, it was her slam to lose and somehow she managed to need 3 sets to beat Hsieh and then to choke the match away against Halep, otherwise i am 99% sure that she would have won the title.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Yes, Felix has everything it takes, but there is a huge question mark whether his health issues will allow him to play multiple best of 5 matches in a short time in the future. Who knows, maybe ATP will decide to have best of 3 at slams too, then Felix and Zverev might have a serious chance at slams.

I really, really hope they will never ever change best of 5! :zip: 

I am actually not worried for Zverev. He is just too good not to have one. 

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

If she was the mistake, then what would you call Bartoli or Pennetta? Personally i blame Kerber, it was her slam to lose and somehow she managed to need 3 sets to beat Hsieh and then to choke the match away against Halep, otherwise i am 99% sure that she would have won the title.

There's a difference with inevitable mistake and random mistake :lol: Most us expected that one day the starts will align and Woz is gonna win a Slam :d Her consistency was the key. But again - Bartoli and Wimbledon (already one final in 2007) and Pennetta at US Open (regular quarterfinalist) were surprising winners but when you look more carefully - they somehow always were next in line at those events.

Hsieh played sooo good in that match, you cannot blame Kerber for being dragged in a long match. And honestly, with 2017 she had, she needed that run in Sydney which even might have surprised her. 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Wanderer:

I really, really hope they will never ever change best of 5! :zip: 

I am actually not worried for Zverev. He is just too good not to have one. 

If they wont change it to best of 3, Zverev will never win a slam. Personally i prefer best of 3, thats why i prefer watching womens tennis. Best of 5 just takes to long, its the same as with football. I think i never watched a full football/best of 5 match because after 2-3 hours it just gets too boring for me.

10 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Wozniacki was the most surprising slam winner ever and she still became number 1 if i remember correctly, gonna be hard for Osaka to top that.

Huh? Wozniacki winning a singles GS was far less surprising than Ostapenko or Samantha fuckin Stosur! Hell, Ostapenko winning was more surprising than Osaka too.