website statistics

Tennis US Open 2018

Totallympics

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

By the way, I just realized one other incident got much less attention, which I think is strange because in that case I do think it's a matter of sexism: Cornet getting a code violation for changing her shirt on court (it was the wrong way around so she took it off, turned it around and put it back on. She was wearing a top, it's not like she was half naked all of a sudden), while men change their shirts all the time without any problem. Meaning they are saying it's ok for men to change their shirt in full sight, but not for women. Now that is unequal treatment that should be stopped.

Umpires they don't set the rules, they only enforce them. Women flashing their sports bra used to be called sexist before, now when it's prohibited suddenly that's sexist too? Pure bullshit. Those politically correct morons need to make their minds up.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Umpires they don't set the rules, they only enforce them. 

Yes. The rule is stupid when a male player can change his shirt on court without problems, while a female player has to go inside to change her shirt 'because God forbid someone sees her top'. I wonder how people who make those rules ever go to a swimming pool or a beach, do they poke their eyes out when they see.....omg, a bikini?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Tennis must be the only sport where players are allowed to abuse the refs and think they can get away with it. In NFL you put one finger on the umpire and you're thrown out, in football (soccer) you get a red card and you're off but hell, Serena thinks the umpire is her butler and she can treat him like crap. She run into a frickin' wall instead.

I’ve see male players get away with quite a bit more than thier supposed to in those sports

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I think the only one showing racist behavior here is you. Serena just behaved in a very bad way, not criticizing an experienced player like her for her childish behavior ,just because of her skin color, would be much more racist than what you think is going on here. From a player of her age and someone who has to raise a child, you have to expect a more grown-up behavior.

No, I think it is the opposite. She made her family (and America) proud by standing up for her child and making an example of not taking shit for people.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, I think it is the opposite. She made her family (and America) proud by standing up for her child and making an example of not taking shit for people.

When did she stand up for her child? Because it definitely wasn't when she used her child as an excuse for why she should not be punished for misbehaviour, instead of being a good example for her child and behaving like a champion.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

When did she stand up for her child? Because it definitely wasn't when she used her child as an excuse for why she should not be punished for misbehaviour.

You mean when she argued for her integrity (although I’m not sure if she never, ever cheated because everyone cheats)

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

You mean when she argued for her integrity (although I’m not sure if she never, ever cheated because everyone cheats)

She got three warnings for breaking rules and that leads to a game penalty, what is there to argue? She knew she was losing, because Osaka was better, so she tried everything to rile people up. So many people are falling for her act, but luckily a lot of people don't.

And like I've said yesterday: she doesn't need this childish behaviour, she's got more talent in her left thumb than the current top-5 in their entire bodies combined. All this does is taint her legacy and portray (?) her as an incredibly sore loser. How can that be an example one wants to give their child instead of "I got a deserved warning, I got another not entirely undeserved warning....I'll calm down now and behave and play tennis"?

Serena Williams thinks Serena Williams is the victim when Serena Williams goes completely mad and the world should be bent however she wants it. And now she set a bad example and stole all the thunder of a better opponent's first Grand Slam victory. I mean, come on, when a 20-year old player after her first huge win feels like she needs to apologize...you know you did something wrong.

Edited by heywoodu

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

She got three warnings for breaking rules and that leads to a game penalty, what is there to argue? She knew she was losing, because Osaka was better, so she tried everything to rile people up. So many people are falling for her act, but luckily a lot of people don't.

And like I've said yesterday: she doesn't need this childish behaviour, she's got more talent in her left thumb than the current top-5 in their entire bodies combined. All this does is taint her legacy and portray (?) her as an incredibly sore loser. How can that be an example one wants to give their child instead of "I got a deserved warning, I got another not entirely undeserved warning....I'll calm down now and behave and play tennis"?

Serena Williams thinks Serena Williams is the victim when Serena Williams goes completely mad and the world should be bent however she wants it. And now she set a bad example and stole all the thunder of a better opponent's first Grand Slam victory. I mean, come on, when a 20-year old player after her first huge win feels like she needs to apologize...you know you did something wrong.

Alright, I’ve (rarely) been won over

Well, we definitely should talk more about Osaka. I do expect her to have poor results during Asian swing, but it is not necessary. Also, I think she is not that kind of player that is gonna disappear are all other "surprising" winners. She's not gonna have Halep's consistency but she will be there, most likely with better overall post-Slam year than Ostapenko.