Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Gianlu33

International Olympic Committee News

Jur    81

Well, better than Qatar or Bharein..... :dunno:

• Like 2

Olympian1010    304
6 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Indonesia announce bid intentions for 2032 Olympic Games

After the 2018 Asian Games, it would probably still be a no from me

intoronto    479

Good luck to them. I have heard of some problems, but for the most part it looks like they did a great job. However, empty stadiums will not do them any favours and they will need a much better results provider (I don't think they went with Atos, which does many major games)

Griff88    284
6 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Indonesia announce bid intentions for 2032 Olympic Games

As Indonesian I'd say NO.

Concerns:

- Venues

- Ticketing

- :ISR

• Like 1

heywoodu    3,397
4 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

As Indonesian I'd say NO.

Concerns:

- Venues

- Ticketing

- :ISR

Indonesia is one of the countries making trouble with Israel? That's the first time I heard about that :p 

Griff88    284
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Indonesia is one of the countries making trouble with Israel? That's the first time I heard about that :p 

Well if your country is drowning in a wave of religious conservatism, it is going to be full scale holy war if Hatikvah is played :lol: As the in effect de facto rule here, if you managed to get the papers and not get rejected despite fulfilling them, you have to compete without any hint of Israel.

I watched how complicated the whole process of Misha Zilberman trying to qualify to Rio 2016 in Badminton World Championships 2015. After a dramatic arrival (both sides blaming each other for making controversy), hardliner group members are ready to attack. The security used stalling tactics. Then the organizers inside switched his court to the one near the exit. One of the hardliner group member enters the arena, watching the original court empty without realizing Misha is playing at the other court. Then it was like "See? No Jews play here. Now get out".

• Sad 1

heywoodu    3,397
2 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Well if your country is drowning in a wave of religious conservatism, it is going to be full scale holy war if Hatikvah is played :lol: As the in effect de facto rule here, if you managed to get the papers and not get rejected despite fulfilling them, you have to compete without any hint of Israel.

I watched how complicated the whole process of Misha Zilberman trying to qualify to Rio 2016 in Badminton World Championships 2015. After a dramatic arrival (both sides blaming each other for making controversy), hardliner group members are ready to attack. The security used stalling tactics. Then the organizers inside switched his court to the one near the exit. One of the hardliner group member enters the arena, watching the original court empty without realizing Misha is playing at the other court. Then it was like "See? No Jews play here. Now get out".

Yeah as long as that isn't solved, it's probably better not to get the Olympics there... (or in any country that makes it outright impossible for people competing for a specific NOC to compete in a normal manner)

Gianlu33    919

IOC and the Faroe Islands to meet this month on Faroes' quest for Olympic recognition

• Like 3

heywoodu    3,397
2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

IOC and the Faroe Islands to meet this month on Faroes' quest for Olympic recognition

Hurry it up please, someone is waiting for some Olympic hardware :evil:

HBBOfmr.png

• Haha 1

heywoodu    3,397
Just now, intoronto said:

Probably will be a disaster, imho. They chose a country with absolutely no experience. The other three have the experience. 

Yeah, Nigeria made a great case for themselves this year.... :p 

And Botswana has experience?