website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2032 Bid Process

30 minutes ago, Dragon said:

From the IOC's Director of Communications. Looks like a serious bid

I definitely beleive so.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Indonesia announce bid intentions for 2032 Olympic Games

After the 2018 Asian Games, it would probably still be a no from me

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Good luck to them. I have heard of some problems, but for the most part it looks like they did a great job. However, empty stadiums will not do them any favours and they will need a much better results provider (I don't think they went with Atos, which does many major games)

4 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

As Indonesian I'd say NO.

Concerns:

- Venues

- Ticketing

- :ISR

Indonesia is one of the countries making trouble with Israel? That's the first time I heard about that :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Indonesia is one of the countries making trouble with Israel? That's the first time I heard about that :p 

Well if your country is drowning in a wave of religious conservatism, it is going to be full scale holy war if Hatikvah is played :lol: As the in effect de facto rule here, if you managed to get the papers and not get rejected despite fulfilling them, you have to compete without any hint of Israel.

I watched how complicated the whole process of Misha Zilberman trying to qualify to Rio 2016 in Badminton World Championships 2015. After a dramatic arrival (both sides blaming each other for making controversy), hardliner group members are ready to attack. The security used stalling tactics. Then the organizers inside switched his court to the one near the exit. One of the hardliner group member enters the arena, watching the original court empty without realizing Misha is playing at the other court. Then it was like "See? No Jews play here. Now get out".

2 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Well if your country is drowning in a wave of religious conservatism, it is going to be full scale holy war if Hatikvah is played :lol: As the in effect de facto rule here, if you managed to get the papers and not get rejected despite fulfilling them, you have to compete without any hint of Israel.

I watched how complicated the whole process of Misha Zilberman trying to qualify to Rio 2016 in Badminton World Championships 2015. After a dramatic arrival (both sides blaming each other for making controversy), hardliner group members are ready to attack. The security used stalling tactics. Then the organizers inside switched his court to the one near the exit. One of the hardliner group member enters the arena, watching the original court empty without realizing Misha is playing at the other court. Then it was like "See? No Jews play here. Now get out".

Yeah as long as that isn't solved, it's probably better not to get the Olympics there... (or in any country that makes it outright impossible for people competing for a specific NOC to compete in a normal manner)

• 3 weeks later...

So a...North and South Korean leaders have officially announced thier intentions to support a joint inter-Korean bid for the 2032 Summer Olympics. So my question is, who’s going to Pyongyang with me?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

hace 13 horas, Olympian1010 said:

So a...North and South Korean leaders have officially announced thier intentions to support a joint inter-Korean bid for the 2032 Summer Olympics. So my question is, who’s going to Pyongyang with me?

The  notice of the year it's really joke