website statistics

Athletics at the Asian Games 2018

Totallympics

Gold to India in women's 4*400m relay..... 5th consecutive time we have won gold in this.... Bahrain despite having very good individual imported athlete has to settle for silver...:cheer::bowdown::champion:We won it bcoz of our strategy.... Fielding the best athlete first ...#Hima Das 

I think Hima Das in first leg was a good move (she was bad in the mixed relay, running half the leg in 2nd lane + trying to get disqualified after handing over the baton), but if I'm not wrong Bahrein had 3 athletes who had just run the 4x100m relay...India would have won even choosing a different order.

On 29/08/2018 at 23:57, MHSN said:

I was checking some stats and Ehsan Haddadi is only the 2nd athlete in history of Asian Games to win the same event 4 times in a row ! (Shigenobu Murofushi won hammer throw 5 times in a row) and considering Haddadi's age, at least one more AG is possible for him. of course Svetlana Radizvil can makes it 4 next time. that was her 3rd title.

but this was the first time Ehsan crying after winning the gold. which was a very easy win actually. he had tough situations in past 2-3 years. he almost went to jail before Rio Olympics. had so many surgeries. lost his coach etc. I lost respect for him because of those charges but maybe he was innocent after all . the final verdict never made it into the news. but he is a true patriot and that's why I like him. he had some nice Persian poems about Iran written on his shirt in today's competition.

hats off to ehsan hadadi .....India was very unfortunate to have one of our best atheletes of the last 20 years Vikas Gowda have someone like Hadadi in the same event , came silver last and before that a close bronze ...... But hadadi still is the best athelete that Iran has every had and at 33 I think he has one more gold in him 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi