Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


MantaRaymarc

Athletics Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

Recommended Posts

Xander    48
1 hour ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Any sources that would verify the selection of Ukrainian athletes for Rio 2016? If yes, please post here. Thanks!

Edited the previous post. + few weeks ago I've seen the video where the president of the federation said that everyone who achieved the standard should be selected to the Olympic team (can't find that video, sry :p:red:). So the top 2 position at the NCH would be necessary for the events that exceed the 3 athletes Olympic quota. The 3rd best athlete will be chosen according to IAAF ratings.

+ most def the wildcards will be given to Saladukha and Bondarenko. Depends of the upcoming decision by the federation.

Edited by Xander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    2,874

Sara Kolak threw a Croatian records in javelin yesterday (62.75). That's our 11 athlete qualified in athletics (already more comparing to 2008 and 2012). :)

 

Btw, wow @ Bolivia! They add 2 more walkers. Now they have 5 athletes qualified in total and they are all race walkers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
juddy96    138
2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Sara Kolak threw a Croatian records in javelin yesterday (62.75). That's our 11 athlete qualified in athletics (already more comparing to 2008 and 2012). :)

 

Btw, wow @ Bolivia! They add 2 more walkers. Now they have 5 athletes qualified in total and they are all race walkers!

Bolivia is just randomly good at 2 sports: Race Walking and Racquetball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
juddy96    138

Also qualifying yesterday is South America's first representative in the Men's Long Jump: :URU Emiliano Lasa 8.16m in Brazil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    921

Maria Vlajcic :CRO was qualified after the Treviso Marathon 2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NatsutoFuyu    0

World record holder(20k walk) Yusuke Suzuki will miss Rio Olympics:cry:

He has been injured since last year and officially won't participate in the last Olympic trial this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pavlo    64
On 6.03.2016 at 5:49 PM, OlympicsFan said:

German athletics federation has lowered almost all standards to those that the IAAF announced, except for very few events (Marathon, Race Walking). The official reason is that this is a result of the recent doping scandals ... :d

I think we will now see a huge german team in athletics (which i dont like), probably because we have to make up for the athletes we "lost" in volleyball/fencing.

Some young german athletes showed big improvements in the last couple of weeks, i hope some of them will qualify for Rio:

60 m women: Pinto 7.07 (1992), Butzek (1997) 7.27, Kwadwo (1999) 7.36

800 m women: Hering 2.00.93 (1994), Klosterhalfen (1997) 2.03.37

1500 m women: Klosterhalfen (1997) 4.08.38, Krause (1992) 4.08.91

3000 m women: Krause (1992) 8.49.43, Klosterhalfen (1997) 8.56.36, Reh (1997) 9.00.58

Womens long jump: Wester (1994) 6.95

Mens triple jump: Heß (1996) 17.00

 

Especially Klosterhalfen, Heß, Roleder, Wester and Krause have looked really promising this year so far, i think some of them might really surprise a lot of people in Rio.

 

Pinto, Wester and Hess look very promising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bearas    19

2 changes in Lithuanian team:

 

OUT: Dovilė Dzindzaletaitė in Women's Triple Jump due pregnancy

IN: Artur Miastianica in Men's 50km Race Walk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ionoutz24    8

                                                    :SVK  IAAF Race Walking Challenge Permit Meeting Dudinska 50 :SVK 

1. Rafal Augustyn ( :POL ) 3:43:22, 2. Aleksi Ojala ( :FIN ) 3:46:25 h, 3. Adrian Blocki ( :POL ) 3:47:16, 4. Havard Haukenes ( :NOR ) 3:47:42, 5. Horacio Nava ( :MEX ) 3:47:44, 6. Alex Wright ( :IRL ) 3:48:31, 7. Rafal Ferdaczynski ( :POL ) 3:48:42, 8. Joao Vieira ( :POR ) 3:49:05, 9. Jose Leyver Ojeda ( :MEX ) 3:50:40, 10. Jarkko Kinnunen ( :FIN .) 3:50,40,... 23. Dušan Majdán 3:58:41, 24. Martin Tišťan (obaja SR) 4:00:43. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OlympicsFan    231
On 16.3.2016 at 11:50 AM, Pavlo said:

Pinto, Wester and Hess look very promising

Pinto and Wester were pretty disappointing in Portland, but they are both pretty young, so its ok. It was the first time that Wester competed for Germany and Pinto didnt compete internationally last year, so she might have been a bit nervous. Heß improved his PB again to 17.14 in Portland and his 5th jump was about 17.60, but sadly it didnt count. Heß could even be a medal contender in Rio, if Tamgho wont get back to his old shape. 17.50 could be enough for a medal in Rio and Heß has the ability to do it. For Wester it will be pretty difficult to qualify for Rio, considering that Malkus, Mihambo and Moguenara all jumped at least 6.90 in one of the last two years. I would say that Wester and Mihambo will definitely qualify and the third place will probably go to Moguenara. Pinto has to lead our very young relay in Rio, i think she will be the oldest member of our relay, with just 24 years of age. We have tons of potential on the womens side (Butzek, Lückenkemper, Mayer, Kwadwo), but Rio might be too early. I think the medals will go to Jamaica, USA and GB. I am happy that we finally got some talent in track events. Last year we won 2 individual medals in track events, for the first time since 1999. Both Roleder and Krause clearly improved their PBs this winter, so they could really fight for a medal in Rio. In addition to that we could also fight for a medal in womens 800 m (Kohlmann, Hering) and mens 1500 m (Tesfaye). I am most impressed by Klosterhalfen, she was running very fast from 800 m to 10000 m this winter and set multiple records. At 800 m she improved the 36 year old german u20 indoor record by running 2:03:37. At 1500 m and 3000 m she set new european u20 indoor records. She also improved the 26 year old german 10 km road race u20 record (33:03) by running 32:24. I think if she wont get injured, she could qualify at 1500 m and/or 5000 m and/or 10000 m for Rio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    3,424
5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Pinto and Wester were pretty disappointing in Portland, but they are both pretty young, so its ok. It was the first time that Wester competed for Germany and Pinto didnt compete internationally last year, so she might have been a bit nervous. Heß improved his PB again to 17.14 in Portland and his 5th jump was about 17.60, but sadly it didnt count. Heß could even be a medal contender in Rio, if Tamgho wont get back to his old shape. 17.50 could be enough for a medal in Rio and Heß has the ability to do it. For Wester it will be pretty difficult to qualify for Rio, considering that Malkus, Mihambo and Moguenara all jumped at least 6.90 in one of the last two years. I would say that Wester and Mihambo will definitely qualify and the third place will probably go to Moguenara. Pinto has to lead our very young relay in Rio, i think she will be the oldest member of our relay, with just 24 years of age. We have tons of potential on the womens side (Butzek, Lückenkemper, Mayer, Kwadwo), but Rio might be too early. I think the medals will go to Jamaica, USA and GB. I am happy that we finally got some talent in track events. Last year we won 2 individual medals in track events, for the first time since 1999. Both Roleder and Krause clearly improved their PBs this winter, so they could really fight for a medal in Rio. In addition to that we could also fight for a medal in womens 800 m (Kohlmann, Hering) and mens 1500 m (Tesfaye). I am most impressed by Klosterhalfen, she was running very fast from 800 m to 10000 m this winter and set multiple records. At 800 m she improved the 36 year old german u20 indoor record by running 2:03:37. At 1500 m and 3000 m she set new european u20 indoor records. She also improved the 26 year old german 10 km road race u20 record (33:03) by running 32:24. I think if she wont get injured, she could qualify at 1500 m and/or 5000 m and/or 10000 m for Rio.

Pinto is the one with that horribly sad story last year, isn't she? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OlympicsFan    231
6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Pinto is the one with that horribly sad story last year, isn't she? 

Yes, you can read it here if you understand a bit of german:

http://www.bild.de/regional/ruhrgebiet/mord/vater-von-leichtathletik-star-wegen-mordes-angeklagt-43343042.bild.html

:cry:

I am very "proud" that she came back so strong, many other athletes/people never wouldve been able to recover. Its amazing that she came back so strong, improving her 60 m indoor PB by 0.16.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×