website statistics

Athletics Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

24 minutes ago, LDOG said:

The name doesn't matter, there are 500 races before we get to the important stuff (the semis).

So I guess we should also cut all those group matches in team sports, because it's boring to some people. ;)

#banbestmen

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That depends on how you define being embarrassed. I honestly don't think an athlete of let's say Tuvalu will feel embarrassed, since the goal is to be at the Olympics, not to win a medal and post blistering times. 

Completely agree, it's hard to imagine that athletes from Tuvalu, Maldives or Belize are embarrased by their performances (or that people from those nation's watching the Games feel embarrased).

It's far more realistic that they proud to be on the World's biggest stage...

#banbestmen

hace 2 minutos, dcro said:

So I guess we should also cut all those group matches in team sports, because it's boring to some people. ;)

Except for a few most of them are competitive matches, this is races and races of poor times until someone with a decent mark enters the track.

It's just a personal preference, I would rather see all that quota being given to sports that need it, like fencing, diving or taekwondo. It doesn't have to be for the big nations, you can still give it to small nations. Just adding a lil' more diversity.

I'll give you a concrete example: it's a shame Afghanistan will not take part in taekwondo (their only competitive sport) just because TKD has really limited quota. What they got instead?... two shitty universality in athletics 100m....

Orlando Ortega (mens 110m hurdles) will sadly be allowed to compete for Spain in Rio. He shouldnt have been allowed to compete, but sadly officials dont seem to have a problem to break their own rules nowadays.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 2 weeks later...