website statistics

Athletics Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

Just now, dcro said:

road-to-rio page isn't the most trusted source. I get that they want to update the lists as soon as possible (sooner than IAAF). But in the end IAAF is more trusted. For example, :CPV Jordin Andrade (400m hurdles) qualified some time ago according to IAAF rankings, but he's name is still not on road-to-rio page.

To be fair, 5.70m is also nowhere to be seen on all-athletics.com, which is usually the most comprehensive international database.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Il y a 11 heures , dcro a déclaré:

road-to-rio page isn't the most trusted source. I get that they want to update the lists as soon as possible (sooner than IAAF). But in the end IAAF is more trusted. For example, :CPV Jordin Andrade (400m hurdles) qualified some time ago according to IAAF rankings (and according to their NOC), but he's name is still not on road-to-rio page.

The road-to-rio page is a very huge project to manage for one or two people. The list are not compiled by the site itself but are extracted from the  Tilastopaja statistics website. The road-to-rio page then then adds all the qualification and selection information. There are so many events happening throughout the world, athletes switching allegiance to get a shot at competing in Rio, athletes getting injured or disqualified for doping, and countries starting to announce their selection,  that it is difficult to keep track of everything.

Jordin Andrade was listed on the site but still as an American. I have sent a note to the website and his citizenship has been updated now.

Oliver is really reactive. So if you think there is a mistake or some information missing, don't hesitate to drop him a note. http://www.road-to-rio.com/about.php

2 hours ago, carfu said:

The road-to-rio page is a very huge project to manage for one or two people. The list are not compiled by the site itself but are extracted from the  Tilastopaja statistics website. The road-to-rio page then then adds all the qualification and selection information. There are so many events happening throughout the world, athletes switching allegiance to get a shot at competing in Rio, athletes getting injured or disqualified for doping, and countries starting to announce their selection,  that it is difficult to keep track of everything.

Jordin Andrade was listed on the site but still as an American. I have sent a note to the website and his citizenship has been updated now.

Oliver is really reactive. So if you think there is a mistake or some information missing, don't hesitate to drop him a note. http://www.road-to-rio.com/about.php

Well, I wasn't saying that the site is bad (I think it's a very handy site and I visit it quite often). Just that IAAF lists are the official ones at the end of the day. :p

Anyway, I also noticed that :BOT Karabo Mothibi (men's 100m) and :ZAM Kabange Mupopo (women's 200m) are not there. Don't remember if there was someone else.

#banbestmen

Il y a 6 heures , dcro a déclaré:

Well, I wasn't saying that the site is bad (I think it's a very handy site and I visit it quite often). Just that IAAF lists are the official ones at the end of the day. :p

Anyway, I also noticed that :BOT Karabo Mothibi (men's 100m) and :ZAM Kabange Mupopo (women's 200m) are not there. Don't remember if there was someone else.

Thank you very much for the information dcro. Indeed, the federations from Botswana and Zambia tend to send their results exclusively to the IAAF and not communicate them to anyone else which is why other statistics database won't have them.

I am just wondering whether Mothibi's 10.16 can be used as a qualifying performance or not, as there is no wind indicated.

48 minutes ago, carfu said:

Thank you very much for the information dcro. Indeed, the federations from Botswana and Zambia tend to send their results exclusively to the IAAF and not communicate them to anyone else which is why other statistics database won't have them.

I am just wondering whether Mothibi's 10.16 can be used as a qualifying performance or not, as there is no wind indicated.

I don't know, but maybe he wouldn't be there if they didn't have wind information.

This reminded me of another puzzle. According to road-to-rio, :VIN Brandon Valentine-Parris qualified with 45.39 in 400m. But, according to his IAAF profile his PB is 47.27 (from 2014, no results listed from 2015 or 2016). Meanwhile, all-athletics site says that his PB is 46.11 from this year. It's a mess. :wacko:

#banbestmen

:AND

Pol Moya - Men's 800 (Invitation)

There will not be a woman andorran athlete in Rio since the IAAF haven't accepted the petition of Clàudia Guri on high, triple or long jump. Sincerely, I don't get why, becouse they accepted her on long jump in the 2015 worlds in Beijing...

http://www.andorradifusio.ad/Esports/claudia-guri-no-passa-el-tall-i-es-queda-sense-invitacio-per-a-rio

2 minutes ago, Jur said:

:AND

Pol Moya - Men's 800 (Invitation)

There will not be a woman andorran athlete in Rio since the IAAF haven't accepted the petition of Clàudia Guri on high, triple or long jump. Sincerely, I don't get why, becouse they accepted her on long jump in the 2015 worlds in Beijing...

http://www.andorradifusio.ad/Esports/claudia-guri-no-passa-el-tall-i-es-queda-sense-invitacio-per-a-rio

Well, that is weird and dissapointing. I thought that IAAF was supposed to allow everyone to enter one male and one female athlete...

#banbestmen

hace 11 minutos, dcro said:

Well, that is weird and dissapointing. I thought that IAAF was supposed to allow everyone to enter one male and one female athlete...

I though so. I'd guess that her PB in High Jump (1,79) was maybe not high enough and could not work well with the actual process of clasification, but I don't see the problem in Triple or LJ since it has no effect in the qualification.

To get a wild card in field (and road) events you need the approval of the technical committee which also takes into account the number of athletes participating in an event. Both events are already above the target number (long jump already has 40+) and that's without taking into account other potential wild card entries.