website statistics

Athletics Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

Gotta say something before the usa trials begin friday.  Nothing worse then watching athletics on nbc with our stupid measuring system!   How can i tell how good a javelin throw is when they tell me 120 feet!    Any field event have exactly same problem.  Also during the olympics.  Its annoying as hell.   You have a stupid measuring system as it is  at least during big events use the same system that the world records are in!!

2 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Gotta say something before the usa trials begin friday.  Nothing worse then watching athletics on nbc with our stupid measuring system!   How can i tell how good a javelin throw is when they tell me 120 feet!    Any field event have exactly same problem.  Also during the olympics.  Its annoying as hell.   You have a stupid measuring system as it is  at least during big events use the same system that the world records are in!!

I totally agree with you when I'm going through results of US meets. The entire world uses centimeters and meters, but somehow the Americans must use inches and feet and whatever. It's like they don't want to accept that they're actually not really different than the rest of the world...at least in athletics. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

48 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I totally agree with you when I'm going through results of US meets. The entire world uses centimeters and meters, but somehow the Americans must use inches and feet and whatever. It's like they don't want to accept that they're actually not really different than the rest of the world...at least in athletics. 

thank you!  it's very frustrating, i remember watching christian taylor almost break the world record last summer, but right after the jump i had no idea how much he actually jumped since they used inches!!   also when they show olympic athletics they even go as far as change all the screens to show the scores in feet.

It was very very annoying when i went to the eugene diamond league, when you have no idea what someone actually did and only once in a while they mention the metric results

12 hours ago, juddy96 said:

When was this

12 hours ago, intoronto said:

Men's Long Jump

:CAN Aubry Smith 8.16

https://www.directathletics.com/results/track/46652_2885521.html

+ he's got 8.20 (+2.0) at the Sunshine Invitational on May 2 but I can't find the official results.

3 hours ago, Xander said:

https://www.directathletics.com/results/track/46652_2885521.html

+ he's got 8.20 (+2.0) at the Sunshine Invitational on May 2 but I can't find the official results.

The 8.20 was a mistake. It was actually 7.20. The ppl at the event had an error in input.

Men's 800m

:GBR Michael Rimmer - 1:44.93

:ALG Yassine Hathat - 1:45.00

:ALG Mohamed Benferar - 1:45.01

:AUS Peter Bol - 1:45.78

Men's 1500m

:ESP Adel Mechaal - 3:35.24

:ETH Mekonnen Gebremedhin - 3:35.50

Men's 5000m

:BRN Birhanu Yematew - 13:14.14

:BRN Zouhair Aouad - 13:14.16

:ETH Dawit Fikadu - 13:23.03