website statistics

European Championships 2018

Totallympics

Just now, hckosice said:

Too bad shooting and canoeing aren´t included in this multisport separate championship

Or sepak takraw and kabaddi but that's just because I like sepak takraw and kabaddi. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So these European Championships... are they working in your countries ? (from a media point of view I mean)

In France, at least, it's a strong yes. Some sports that never get broadcasted on public channels get some well derserved air time. The championships are on TV 10 hours a day, including a good amount of time on one of the main channels. I gives us a slight olympic vibe (and not a fake copy one like the European Games). They are commonly covered by the radio, or the press.

For sports like gymnastics or rowing it's day and night whth what they're used to. And i'd say it even works in favor of swimming and athletics.I mean an euro title in these sports are usually small business and not frontpage worthy, and yet...

Screenshot_2.jpg.cbf6151cf2b728fb279765a903928b3a.jpg

I even wonder if gymnastics or rowing ever made the front page outside of the olympics. Definitly, a media succes.

1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

So these European Championships... are they working in your countries ? (from a media point of view I mean)

Well, here not at all :( Hardly you can find any mention about it, maybe only the athletics thanks Matej Toth´s silver, otherwise nothing.

Here our 2 main sports sites first pages as you can see the top news are about the U18 Ice Hockey tournament Hlinka Gretzky Cup in Canada and the Slovakia U18 - Canada U18 match, followed by the death of Stan Mikita (First Slovak player and huge megastar of the NHL) and ofc Spartak Trnava in the Champions League qualifying round 1-1 in Belgrade against the Red Star

Šport.sk

905a52db-9817-45ec-a26b-4bf1d441f6cb.png

Sme Šport

a283c586-814c-4b88-8a48-26a2ff58ad5d.png