website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

It'll be tight, especially if we completely fail in curling and men's ice hockey.

I'm optimistic that those medals will come in other events. I have a good feeling about a few that may bump us up to over 26, even if we are limited to one in curling and hockey.

I'm not sure.  Women's curling and bobsled were supposed to be gimmes, and they look doubtful.  Women's short track relay was denied a medal for the first time, and given the reffing I'm not sure what's going to happen in the men's relay either.  Need a couple surprise/outside shots to get on the podium to beat 26, i.e. the women's pursuit team tonight.  

Well our chances have gone up with Brady Leman's gold in Ski Cross! 3 men and 2 women are in the finals of the snowboard big air, we guaranteed a medal in women's hockey, Kaetlyn Osmond is in 3rd after the short program. If Humphries can sneak a bronze it would be even better, try and salvage this Olympics for her. The 4man crews have done decent in training so far so maybe one of them are in with a chance of a medal too. With 3 short track medal events left there are still chances there too.

1 hour ago, juddy96 said:

Well our chances have gone up with Brady Leman's gold in Ski Cross! 3 men and 2 women are in the finals of the snowboard big air, we guaranteed a medal in women's hockey, Kaetlyn Osmond is in 3rd after the short program. If Humphries can sneak a bronze it would be even better, try and salvage this Olympics for her. The 4man crews have done decent in training so far so maybe one of them are in with a chance of a medal too. With 3 short track medal events left there are still chances there too.

There’s also the women’s team pursuit skating for a medal tonight, a few more possibilities between the mass start and de Haitre in the 1000m in long track as well. Plus 2 Canadians in the men’s ski halfpipe, the men’s curling team and Jasey-Jay just won a World Cup event. So there are possibilities to end with a bang. 

Yeah today was a good day for Canada to break its 26 medal record. Men's ice hockey and curling made the semi-finals and we had good results in women's figure skating and men's snowboard big air. That alone plus women's ice hockey would give us 26 (maybe 27 if we win two medals in big air) throw in all of our other chances in bobsled, freestyle skiing, short track, snowboarding and speed skating and it would take something disastrous for us not to break the record.

2 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Yeah today was a good day for Canada to break its 26 medal record. Men's ice hockey and curling made the semi-finals and we had good results in women's figure skating and men's snowboard big air. That alone plus women's ice hockey would give us 26 (maybe 27 if we win two medals in big air) throw in all of our other chances in bobsled, freestyle skiing, short track, snowboarding and speed skating and it would take something disastrous for us not to break the record.

Hopefully there’s also a good night at short track tonight. It’s been a fairly good meet for Canada so far so let’s end with a bang. 

A little bit disappointed by the women’s team pursuit not getting the bronze but I am extremely surprised that they even made it to that point.