website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

Weird that there is only 3 medal events today, but Canada has a decent shot in 2 of them. Lots can happen in the 500m speed skating though. 

A little bit disappointed that Rochon finished 5th, I definitely prefer the slopestyle best of 3 runs as opposed to the elimination all or nothing (for aerials, moguls works just fine). But a medal for ABM and the women's curling team finally pulling it together were highlights.

1 hour ago, james89 said:

Weird that there is only 3 medal events today, but Canada has a decent shot in 2 of them. Lots can happen in the 500m speed skating though. 

A little bit disappointed that Rochon finished 5th, I definitely prefer the slopestyle best of 3 runs as opposed to the elimination all or nothing (for aerials, moguls works just fine). But a medal for ABM and the women's curling team finally pulling it together were highlights.

I actually think the big air format (best two out of 3, cannot count two identical jumps) would work really well with aerials.

2 hours ago, james89 said:

Do we think Humphries is playing mind games with her training runs or she actually had an off day?

If the Korean 2-man team, who have probably ridden this track thousands of times in their sleep, can mess up in their 1st actual run, pretty sure anyone can have a off day.