website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

As expected quiet day for Canada in terms of medals, with the doubles luge finishing in fifth. Men's curling is off to a great start with two victories and the pairs figure skating is 3rd after the short skate though seven pairs are within three points and will fight tomorrow for bronze. Tomorrow has the potential for being a big day for Canada.

16 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

As expected quiet day for Canada in terms of medals, with the doubles luge finishing in fifth. Men's curling is off to a great start with two victories and the pairs figure skating is 3rd after the short skate though seven pairs are within three points and will fight tomorrow for bronze. Tomorrow has the potential for being a big day for Canada.

I think the pairs medal may bit a bit much to wish for. I think our best medal hope tomorrow is Ted-Jan Bloeman in the 10,000m. But looking good in the Luge and I would not rule out the Men's Snowboardcross either. 

57 minutes ago, james89 said:

I think the pairs medal may bit a bit much to wish for. I think our best medal hope tomorrow is Ted-Jan Bloeman in the 10,000m. But looking good in the Luge and I would not rule out the Men's Snowboardcross either. 

I agree my ranking for medal chances would be men's 10000m > luge relay > pairs figure skating > men's snowboardcross

15 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I agree my ranking for medal chances would be men's 10000m > luge relay > pairs figure skating > men's snowboardcross

Well, our pairs came through.  Does that mean the relay and 10000m are a given now?  :d

Really looking forward to the luge relay since I missed it last time because it was in the middle of the night for me.  It's just after dinner this time around.  

What the heck happened with Homan.  Did not look good this morning, but hopefully she'll recover.  Probably.  

And, yay!  We beat the USA.  It's meaningless in the long run, but still nice.  

40 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Well, our pairs came through.  Does that mean the relay and 10000m are a given now?  :d

Really looking forward to the luge relay since I missed it last time because it was in the middle of the night for me.  It's just after dinner this time around.  

What the heck happened with Homan.  Did not look good this morning, but hopefully she'll recover.  Probably.  

Meaningless? Gotta extend the winning streak to 23 games :p

3 hours ago, orangeman said:

I've always thought Homan was a flake. Sadly, I doubt Canada will be winning a gold this year