website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

So, hey. Canada won the team event by a huge margin, so Patrick Chan, Kaetlyn Osmond, Gabrielle Daleman, Meagan Duhamel, Eric Radford, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir all receive a gold medal.

Laurie Blouin backs up her world title with a somewhat surprise silver medal.

Kaitlyn Lawes and John Morris are guaranteed at least a silver medal.

Edited by NearPup

1 hour ago, Nate River said:

So, hey. Canada won the team event by a huge margin, so Patrick Chan, Kaetlyn Osmond, Gabrielle Daleman, Meagan Duhamel, Eric Radford, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir all receive a gold medal.

Laurie Blouin backs up her world title with a somewhat surprise silver medal.

Kaitlyn Lawes and John Morris are guaranteed at least a silver medal.

Good start to the day.  Hopefully it'll carry forward into moguls and luge.  Gogh has had good training runs.  

A good day for Canada with two golds and a silver. Our group of figure skaters will probably be the best Canada will have at the same time for a very long time. After a shaky start Canada was able to defeat Norway and advance to the finals. Women's singles in luge has us in a good position, but things are quite close. I was a bit disappointed in women's snowboard half-pipe with no Canadians advancing to the finals.

46 minutes ago, james89 said:

So a guaranteed medal today in Curling! Good chances (although its tight) in luge, and hopefully something good happens in the women's short track. I'm assuming the sprint is not Harvey's specialty in cross country?

He is the defending world silver medalist in the classic sprint 

1 hour ago, james89 said:

So a guaranteed medal today in Curling! Good chances (although its tight) in luge, and hopefully something good happens in the women's short track. I'm assuming the sprint is not Harvey's specialty in cross country?

He’s in the mix.