website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

I would think pairs

10 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Nations are allowed to make two substitutions. I feel given the schedule the pairs will be one of the subs, the other will depend on health or want of the athletes (though Scott/Tessa have been on record at wanting to perform both skates). Subbing Patrick Chan for Keegan Messing will be the largest drop in quality though given only five teams compete in the final at worst it would cost us 4 points, more likely less since I don't see the Russian beating out Japan or United States' skater.

I agree pairs and women's are the most likely substitutions, Osmond sometimes struggles with the long program and Daleman does not. If Canada is looking to giving a medal to Poje/Weaver I could see them swapping in for Virtue/Moir, but in all likelihood I think Virtue/Moir do both and Canada will sub out Osmond for the national champion Daleman.

7 hours ago, Canada4thewin said:

I have to agree with the coverage at CBC I am not Impressed so far.

Regarding the short track final, how many skaters were there, it seems a lot for the final. Maybe it is just me but I thought they were less for the final.

Now there are no others competition until tonight.  This is a big gap with the hours.  Lol 

There were 9 in the final because of penalties and advancements.  Usually there is 6.  It was sort of ridiculous, but that's the name of the game.  I thought the guys would pull it off, and unofficially predicted a silver and bronze behind the Korean.  But like I said, short track is a crapshoot especially when there are so many in the final.  The important thing is they stayed on their feet (unlike Sochi).  

Silver and Bronze!!! :champion:

Don't want to sound like a sore loser, but yet again an American given gold in this event.  My feed was a bit blurry, but the announcers sounded really surprised that he ended up on top.  Not as bad as 2014 when a bland nothing run took gold.

1 minute ago, Nate River said:

Very unhappy about both the judging and the runs.

This is an event a Canadian should have won. Very disapointing.

We can say if Touts would have landed his last run it could have been a sweep, but the judges in this event seem to always want a certain country on top.  I'm not sure if any Canadian could have made up for that.  I'm not as upset as after this final 4 years ago when the American didn't deserve to be anywhere near the podium.  This time, it was a lot closer and debatable.  

il y a 7 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

Silver and Bronze!!! :champion:

Don't want to sound like a sore loser, but yet again an American given gold in this event.  My feed was a bit blurry, but the announcers sounded really surprised that he ended up on top.  Not as bad as 2014 when a bland nothing run took gold.

We shouldn’t be surprised lol 

i am happy with the results also.  It’s better than no medal at all.

I am for one that appreciate every medal we get.  No matter the color.