website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

This is totally random, but I was having a conversation tonight about how fast guys can swim the 100m free.  Long story short, when looking at the times I realized that Yuri Kisil's time in the 4x100m free relay (both the heats and the final) would have been good enough for silver in the individual 100m free.  Unfortunately he went half a second slower in the semis and missed the final.  

I just found that interesting.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey there Canada (esp. intoronto)!

I've been in China which basically blocks everything.  Long story, but I should finally have access to this place, just in time for the lead up to the Olympics.

I used to live in South Korea, so disappointed that I will miss this one.  Tried to make it work, but the tickets and accommodations were just way too expensive.  I could have stayed in Seoul, but that's missing the point.  I was going to drop by the final weekend, but it didn't work out.  

Instead I'll be on a beach in Thailand watching instead.  Tough life, I know.  Just excited I can finally come here and elsewhere (CBC was also blocked).  

• 2 weeks later...

And to the other big Multi-sports event of 2018, the Commonwealth Games.

This appears to be Canada's athletics team: http://athletics.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/2018-Commonwealth-Games-Ranking-List.pdf

Sadly they can only send a max of 36 athletes, meaning the women's 4x400 relay has to sit at home. This is ridiculous considering Australia got 111...

Also its sad to Bishop, Drouin and George (understandably, as she will compete in bobsleigh in Pyeongchang) withdraw. Tat is possibly 3 medals opportunities gone down the drain. Canada won 17 medals in Glasgow, but only 11 are currently ranked in the top 3 atm. 

Yay!  Was able to get to Korea for the Olympics after all!  Going to be there at the end, got tickets for the women's gold medal hockey game, which should be even more fun because I'm going with an American.  Also got tickets to the men's curling semis the same day.  If Canada's men get to the hockey semis the next day I'll try to get tickets for that, too.  Leaving before the gold medal game, though (stupid work!).  Tried to get short track tickets, but only the super expensive ones are left ($400).  I did finally get to see some short track here in China a couple of months ago, so that'll have to hold me.  

So stoked!  Always wanted to go to the Olympics!