website statistics

Stars of the Future

Dragon

vor 2 Stunden schrieb De_Gambassi:

Heather Arneton (27/07/02)  - Athletics :FRA

384ef.jpg.dfd2b72de8bb2a6f31b980eb98ccc751.jpg

Among other things, last year, aged 14, she jumped 6.57m (that would have been a top 8 finish in Berlin for exemple). She is kinda allready famous among french sport fans, might be a challange to deal with the allready growing expectation.

But was nowhere to be seen this year and saying that her best jump ever would have been enough for a certain place in one competition is pretty senseless. Of course i agree that she is a big talent. One of the biggest U18 talents in Europe, alongside N'keetia Seedo for example.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

il y a 59 minutes, OlympicsFan a déclaré:

But was nowhere to be seen this year and saying that her best jump ever would have been enough for a certain place in one competition is pretty senseless. Of course i agree that she is a big talent. One of the biggest U18 talents in Europe, alongside N'keetia Seedo for example.

Just to give a point of reference, not everyone would know what 6.57m out of vacum means.

She was injured most of the season.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb De_Gambassi:

Just to give a point of reference, not everyone would know what 6.57m out of vacum means.

She was injured most of the season.

You could say that she has the world best for 13 year olds (6.11 m) and for 14 year olds (6.57 m). For 15 year olds the world best belongs to Heike Daute (Drechsler) with 6.64 m and all the other world U20 best also belong to her. 6.91 m for 16 year olds, 6.98 m for 17 year olds, 7.14 m for 18 year olds and 7.40 m for 19 year olds.

Arneton has some work to do, but if she would break some of those records it would really send a signal considering the career Heike Drechsler had (Double olympic long jump champion).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Am 12.8.2018 um 01:32 schrieb Dragon:

Inspired by Jakub Ingebritsen I thought I'd start a thread where people discuss young sportspeople from their countries we could see doing well at the Olympics of 2024 onwards.

Maybe restricted to sportsmen/sportswomen under 20 years old.

Post your suggestions on who will be the stars of Paris onwards.

1) Propz on getting both the first and last name of Jakob Ingebrigtsen wrong

2) What would you define as a star? Would you for example consider someone like Thomas Röhler a star?

3) What do you mean by future? Since you used Jakob Ingebrigtsen as an example, should we assume that athletes who are already world class can be considered future stars still? Someone like Penny Oleksiak can still be considered a future star despite already being an olympic champion?

4 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) Propz on getting both the first and last name of Jakob Ingebrigtsen wrong

2) What would you define as a star? Would you for example consider someone like Thomas Röhler a star?

3) What do you mean by future? Since you used Jakob Ingebrigtsen as an example, should we assume that athletes who are already world class can be considered future stars still? Someone like Penny Oleksiak can still be considered a future star despite already being an olympic champion?

1 -  If I make a mistake I don't waste time making small ones. ;)

2/3 - Somebody who has the capability of being the best in the world (or at least being close to the best) but is not yet well known outside their own country unless you follow junior sport very closely.

Jakob would have been in this category at the start of 2018 but. obviously, he got very good, very quickly.

Probably people who have already won medals at senior level can be excluded - but I think the "rules" don't have to be too strict either.

:EGY Ahmed El gendy (18) he's already youth and junior world champion in modern pentathlon and iam sure that this talent has plenty to come , :EGY Rowan Ayman (17) , she's our best shot for a medal in Athletics at YOG , she exceeded 69 metres mark at last African youth games in hammer throw and iam sure she has much more , what inspired me in that girl is her technique , we're always depending on our natural strength in throwing events , but i rarely found someone has a good technique like her , other young talens like Sara Samir (20) in weightlifting which already has an olympic medal and Afaf el hodhod in shooting (21) she was placed 5th at YOG 2014 and Olympics 2016 in women's 10m pistol