website statistics

Men's Field Hockey Tournament at the Asian Games 2018

Totallympics

Pakistan's best hope would be for Japan to win and then hope for them to draw Ireland (or Canada, depending on the World Rankings at the time) in the intercontinental qualifiers. They must also hope that Argentina wins the Pan American quota, if not, their easiest opponent will then be New Zealand or Spain.

If Malaysia wins the final the olympic play-offs will become very complex on the men's side.

You may say, "but South Africa will reject african quota so problem solved". No, if they do that the african quota will go to the 2nd placed team as long as they are ranked within top 20, which Egypt is.

So, let's say ARG, AUS and BEL win the other continental quotas, We will still have Netherlands, India, Germany, England, NZ, Spain, Ireland, Pakistan, Canada and France all fighting for 6 places.

il y a 1 minute, JoshMartini007 a déclaré:

Pakistan's best hope would be for Japan to win and then hope for them to draw Ireland (or Canada, depending on the World Rankings at the time) in the intercontinental qualifiers. They must also hope that Argentina wins the Pan American quota, if not, their easiest opponent will then be New Zealand or Spain.

you seem to know you in hockey, could you give me the 12 favorites according to you for the Olympic quotas man and woman?

5 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

you seem to know you in hockey, could you give me the 12 favorites according to you for the Olympic quotas man and woman?

It's not so much that I know a lot of field hockey, just that realistically speaking there's about 17 nations fighting for 12 spots in both genders and even then that could be generous.