website statistics

[POLL] Do You want Boxing to be included in the Summer Olympic Games 2020 Programme?

vlad

Do You want Boxing to be included in the Summer Olympic Games 2020 Programme?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do You want Boxing to be included in the Summer Olympic Games 2020 Programme?

I voted yes. Although a lot of problems affected it, it is not correct to destroy history. In addition, boxing is one of the most popular sport in the world and this cannot be ignored by the Olympic movement. Punishment should be given to the referees and to NOCs which had an active role in the problems of the AIBA, (and to the AIBA leaders), eventually Olympic berths may be reduced as happened for IWF while waiting for things to become better, but still it is not correct to ignore the fair athletes.

Adesso, EselTheDonkey ha scritto:

I voted yes. But they need to completely change the scoring system, like Figure Skating did.

I remember, in London 2012 maybe, that score was displayed in real time so it was more difficult to ignore what really happened on the ring. Probably just going back to that will make boxing cleaner, although most problem still will have to be solved

No, because the federation is not cooperative whatsoever (unlike IWF for example), as they continue to push the Uzbek mafia boss to become the president. And that's just scraching the surface, so no thanks.

#banbestmen

9 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

I remember, in London 2012 maybe, that score was displayed in real time so it was more difficult to ignore what really happened on the ring. Probably just going back to that will make boxing cleaner, although most problem still will have to be solved

In 2000-04-08 the score was displayed in real time, in 2012 after each round. But now the scoring system is completely different.