Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

heywoodu

Doping Cases and Bans Thread

hckosice    752
1 hour ago, bestmen said:

bad news for @hckosice

yes not good to read it, but we don´t know what will happen, because it´s not like his test was positive or so, all his previous tests were always negative, so I can not understand why he would suddenly start to use doping one year after his olympic gold, it´s a nonsense. but well, you never know. I explained more about it here

bestmen    353

The reanalysis of doping samples taken at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics should be completed in August, the IOC's medical chief said Sunday.

LOL these labs are very lazy, after 7 years here

heywoodu    1,037
16 minutes ago, hckosice said:

all his previous tests were always negative, so I can not understand why he would suddenly start to use doping one year after his olympic gold, 

To be fair, it's not like negative tests means someone isn't doping (there's the ever present system of microdosing for example, which is or at least was very hard to discover as long as you simply time the use right, like at night). 

hckosice    752
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

To be fair, it's not like negative tests means someone isn't doping (there's the ever present system of microdosing for example, which is or at least was very hard to discover as long as you simply time the use right, like at night). 

yep, I agree. But well, what can we do ? just wait and see. I´m certainly not trying to absurdly defend him or so, but also not starting to immediately blame and accusing him. let see the next days, for now he is suspended mainly because of these strange abnormalities in his blood (once again even WADA said him that it doesn´t automatically means a doping) which should favorized him right now during a race :)

Dragon    44
2 hours ago, hckosice said:

yes not good to read it, but we don´t know what will happen, because it´s not like his test was positive or so, all his previous tests were always negative, so I can not understand why he would suddenly start to use doping one year after his olympic gold, it´s a nonsense. but well, you never know. I explained more about it here

I hear rumours of a medical problem causing strange readings in his biological passport

heywoodu    1,037
5 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I hear rumours of a medical problem causing strange readings in his biological passport

Decathlete Thomas van der Plaetsen had strange antidoping results after a medical problem...turned out he had cancer. I'm sure you know of course, but just throwing it in there as an example (he was talking about it quite openly last week on the Belgian Tour de France talk show). 

hckosice    752
1 minute ago, Dragon said:

Yes I hear this rumor about a serious health problem as well, One of our most famous sports doctor mentioned something like this (again article in slovak https://sport.pravda.sk/ostatne-sporty/clanok/434889-doktor-malovic-o-matejovi-tothovi-predpokladam-ze-ide-skor-o-chorobu/.) If it will be true, This very likely will be also the end of his career.

But well, everything is still possible, we must wait until the end of the investigations.

heywoodu    1,037
5 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Well he is riding for one of the most suspicious teams of all, but I doubt there's anything concrete :p 

De_Gambassi    87

Oh, oh, that one could be fun :

Djokovic serving a silent ban ? (french)

That is not comming from a random blog btw, but from the major sports network in Québec.The journalist states that she heard from multiples sources that the reason why Djokovic ended its season is because he is serving the infamous so called 'silent ban'.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.