website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

1 hour ago, LowerSaxony said:

Yes. What I really hate about her is what she said after she was banned for doping. She said something like: 'Using performance enhancing drugs is like driving your car too fast. After you have been booked, everything is fine and you continue to drive'.

No sign of regret, no sign of hindsight at all. Seeing her competing makes me just sick.

Exactly. The only dopers for which I have a slight bit of respect left are those that say "Yes, I doped. I made a stupid mistake and deserve whatever ban I'll get.", apart from the young teenage athletes who are likely to be forcefully doped by the state...that's not so much cheating on their side as it is simply child abuse. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Russian media saying the following sports are cleared by the IOC:

- Handball (women's team)

- Volleyball (all indoor and beach teams)

- Boxing (all 11 qualified Russians)

- Wrestling (all 16 approved Russians, so all qualified Russians minus Lebedev)

- Shooting (all qualified Russians)

- Judo (all qualified Russians)

Rumours have it CAS upheld Morozov and Lobintsev's appeal, meaning they'd be allowed to compete, but I can't find anything official on that yet...

Anyone care to help build this list now that more sports are confirming which Russians are allowed and which aren't? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Russian media saying the following sports are cleared by the IOC:

- Handball (women's team)

- Volleyball (all indoor and beach teams)

- Boxing (all 11 qualified Russians)

- Wrestling (all 16 approved Russians, so all qualified Russians minus Lebedev)

- Shooting (all qualified Russians)

- Judo (all qualified Russians)

Rumours have it CAS upheld Morozov and Lobintsev's appeal, meaning they'd be allowed to compete, but I can't find anything official on that yet...

Anyone care to help build this list now that more sports are confirming which Russians are allowed and which aren't? 

i would say this site is quite good to follow news about Rio http://rio2016.rsport.ru/ 

you can search news by sport

Looks like all fencers have been approved by the IOC as well. 

3 minutes ago, carivan said:

Rumours of an Irish positive in boxing

The world amateur Boxing Federation, the AIBA, has said it cannot confirm that an Irish boxer has failed a drugs test, despite reports. They say it's currently a matter for the Irish authority.

Edited by dareza

Ahora, dareza said:

it is not rumors.

The world amateur Boxing Federation, the AIBA, has said it cannot confirm that an Irish boxer has failed a drugs test, despite reports. They say it's currently a matter for the Irish authority.

Yep. Looks like the he was tested in Ireland