website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Russian football team will show up looking like body builders for Russia 2018 world cup :p

Remember the monsters team from Space Jam?

Yes :d

And now imagine a normal team with only one player of the monsters team....I think they still have an advantage :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, dareza said:

wow

LM4- to Greece, the Hellenic Rowing Federation

M8+ to the Italian Rowing Federation

W8+ to the Australian Rowing Federation

And in the 2016 European Continental Qualification Regatta in Lucerne, Switzerland:

LW2x to the Italian Rowing Federation

What a joy for Italy. :d

#banbestmen

Just now, dareza said:

what a drama 10 days before Rio :lol:

"Ne zna se ko pije, a ko placa" :d

:lol:

This is crazy, and it's athletes who pay the price. Yes, these teams got their Olympic places, but 10 days before competition. They will basically compete as tourists, because how on earth are they supposed to prepare in 10 days! Looks like 18th July entry deadline means nothing to IOC.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

What a joy for Italy. :d

well, I don't think it will help our cause that much...it's too late to build a competitive 8+ (and the crew which missed the qualification by a very small margin in Luzern - and made the final at last year's Worlds - has been dismantled to build more competitive crews where we originally got our qualification)...

the girls, instead, are not competitive anymore in any case, despite having won the World title in 2013...

so, I would prefer to see the Russians out of the Fencing events...that would mean a lot for the Italian medal table, I guess...but of course it's just a boutade, I don't think that doping has much to do with the sport of Fencing (maybe a bit more in sabre, which is the most demanding weapon for what concerns the athletic ability), since technique and tactics are by far predominant in that game...

and, getting serious, frankly I don't feel any sort of joy when I see other people struggling the way the Russians are doing (even if they are the only responsible for their negative fate, to be honest)...I only appreciate our success when it comes from a fair battle on the field of play by beating all the best opponents...any other way of getting the honor, it's not so exciting and satisfying (at least to me)...

Edited by phelps

"As of 26 July 2016, 86 Russian athletes have been banned, 67 of which were in Athletics". And this is without rowing. Now is more than 100.

It will be about 120 at the end for sure.

Edited by dareza

20 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

All shooters go

Go as in "go to Rio" or go as in "go out of the Olympics"? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!