Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

heywoodu

Doping Cases and Bans Thread

Bearas    14

Interesting of how many athletes has been caught on meldonium. No need to forget that after all it was invented in Soviet Union and Russians might had known about it's doping abilities all that time and just happily used it. We will see how many more cases there is going to be knowing that this drug is extremely common in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and Middle Asia.

konig    129
4 minutes ago, dareza said:

I think that we can expected still a lot athletes. This is just beginning

Agree, there are a lot more doping that the most part of the people think, for example in ciclyng (specially road)

heywoodu    952
5 minutes ago, dareza said:

I think that we can expected still a lot athletes. This is just beginning

Yep, like Mutko himself said: "There is massive use of this in Russia, we'll see more cases."

Bearas    14

:LTU Nerijus Bružas

Sport: Bodybuilding

Substance: Refusal to give sample

Result: 8 years ban

Source here

Edit: Sorry, missed the "olympic sports" part.

Edited by Bearas

heywoodu    952
14 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Mariano, dutch sprinter, was doped. :facepalm:Today it's a tragic day for the sport

And he already has had jail sentence for cocaine smuggle :facepalm:

Agger    118
18 hours ago, Bearas said:

Interesting of how many athletes has been caught on meldonium. No need to forget that after all it was invented in Soviet Union and Russians might had known about it's doping abilities all that time and just happily used it. We will see how many more cases there is going to be knowing that this drug is extremely common in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and Middle Asia.

I read in an article that 2,2 % of all tests where they tested for meldonium last year were positive. Pretty worrying.

opruh    1

Looks like meldonium is quite a popular illegal substance for the Russians, I wonder what it's counterpart is in other powerhouse countries. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.