website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

1 minute ago, Pavlo said:

i wonder why it`s easier to judge eastern-european athletes....whilst Norwegian here gets some support. For me every case is the same ;)

Because the Russians usually respond like "OMG it's a conspiracy against our innocent athletes!!11", while in this case the Norwegians are taking the blame. Plus there's at least quite clear 'evidence' that her lip was messed up, so it's not so hard to believe that she was actually treated with something and a doctor made a mistake in that. I find this easier to believe than someone like LaShawn Merritt and his penis enlargement stuff. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minutę temu, heywoodu napisał:

Because the Russians usually respond like "OMG it's a conspiracy against our innocent athletes!!11", while in this case the Norwegians are taking the blame. Plus there's at least quite clear 'evidence' that her lip was messed up, so it's not so hard to believe that she was actually treated with something and a doctor made a mistake in that. I find this easier to believe than someone like LaShawn Merritt and his penis enlargement stuff. 

maybe Therese is this 1% exception, maybe, there is some chance and some "shadow of the doubt" in her guilt...but my trust in that kind of cases is very limited.

And i don`t want to ask why the percentage of astmatics is so high in this beautiful country...., for me Norwegian nordic-ski team is suspected like Polish lifters, Kenyan runners, many Russians etc..., we will see

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

2 hours ago, Pavlo said:

for me Norwegian nordic-ski team is suspected like Polish lifters, Kenyan runners, many Russians etc..., we will see

And like the jamaican sprinters, american swimmers, brithish cyclists, german biathletes, austrian skiers, italian fencers, brazilian footballers, cuban boxers, chinese table tennis players, korean archers, canadian ice hockey players, australian/new zealand rugby players, japanese gymnasts, dutch speed skaters etc., because no nation can dominate a sport like that, am i right? ;)

by the way, that cream is for general skin use, not only lips...

it's used to treat any form of burned skin all over the body...

Clostebol is also the same substance which the Italian sailor Roberta Caputo and beach volley player Viktoria Orsi-Toth were stopped for just before the Olympic Games 2 months ago (but at least they used different products with no explicit warning about that substance being among those used to make up their medicines)...

so, as you can easily see, it's quite a common substance used in medicines often needed by those who spend entire days under the sun and have their skin inflmmated and ruined by that...

on the other hand, I just can't understand the Norwegian doctor, since that specific medicine is clearly indicated as doping on its box...:evil::wall:

Edited by phelps

Dnia 14.10.2016 o 18:37, Federer91 napisał:

And like the jamaican sprinters, american swimmers, brithish cyclists, german biathletes, austrian skiers, italian fencers, brazilian footballers, cuban boxers, chinese table tennis players, korean archers, canadian ice hockey players, australian/new zealand rugby players, japanese gymnasts, dutch speed skaters etc., because no nation can dominate a sport like that, am i right? ;)

no, because they are astmatics who dominate the world. I had astma, no comments

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

On 15.10.2016 at 20:35, Pavlo said:

no, because they are astmatics who dominate the world. I had astma, no comments

Their asthma is not an usually asthma. Asthma is just a wrong word from mass media. They have an exercise-induced bronchoconstriction (EIB).
For cure athletes used salbutamol. (There are many salbutamol users in Fancy Bears's TUEs). According to WADA salbutamol is not a doping in the cases when you are cure EIB with authorized methods and doses.
EIB is like a professional disease. WADA say that small doses can't help to be better than athletes without EIB. But there are too many dominant athletes with EIB and it looks queerly.

As expected, not a very long ban for Johaug and rightly so. Still 2 months seems to be somewhat short, I would have gone for long enough to miss out on this winter season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/norways-johaug-suspended-2-months-092858074--spt.html

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I read wrong, she isn't banned for 2 months, but suspended while in those 2 months the investigation into her actual ban is being made :p 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I read wrong, she isn't banned for 2 months, but suspended while in those 2 months the investigation into her actual ban is being made :p 

Actually the Norway NOC open an investigation on all the skiing team.. It will be interessing