Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


heywoodu

Doping Cases and Bans Thread

Recommended Posts

De_Gambassi    85
il y a 51 minutes, intoronto a déclaré:

Austria, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, United Kingdom, USA,


Want Russia banned from the 2018 Olympics...


That's pretty much the top nations...

 

http://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-sports/41266286

 

I didn't see that coming.

 

I don't expect anything to happen though, but it's good, that some don't want to let the all thing just vanish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    959
1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Austria, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, United Kingdom, USA,


Want Russia banned from the 2018 Olympics...


That's pretty much the top nations...

 

http://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-sports/41266286

Nations like China, Turkey and Azerbaijan are of course afraid and so wouldn't sign this :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dragon    38
On 9/14/2017 at 16:26, De_Gambassi said:

 

I didn't see that coming.

 

I don't expect anything to happen though, but it's good, that some don't want to let the all thing just vanish.

Same thing happened before Rio. Didn't work then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dragon    38

So there will be a decision on 6 Russian cross country skiers who competed in Sochi after a hearing next month.

Some of you may already know they are...

I won't mention names here but if they are found guilty only one Russian medal will remain from the sport in Sochi

Edited by Dragon
Typing error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    91

Yevgeniya Kolodko (RUS) loses her medal (in women's Shot Put) from the 2013 Indoor European Championships in Gothemburg because of doping...

 

the new podium places are:

 

Gold: Christina Schwanitz, GER (19,25m)

Silver: Alena Abramchuk, BLR (18,85m)

Bronze: Chiara Rosa, ITA (18,37m)

 

Source (in Italian only, unfortunately):

https://www.oasport.it/2017/09/atletica-doping-per-la-russa-kolodko-arriva-il-bronzo-europeo-per-chiara-rosa/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    959
11 hours ago, Dragon said:

So there will be a decision on 6 Russian cross country skiers who competed in Sochi after a hearing next month.

Some of you may already know they are...

I won't mention names here but if they are found guilty only one Russian medal will remain from the sport in Sochi

 

Don't know the names, but I've got a feeling this show of pure comedy gold is part of it (look from 1:40) :lol:

 

That was a good reminder of the epic Gewiss-Ballan team in the 1994 Fleche Wallone :d  (who basically came straight out of a nucleair power plant)

 

 

Edited by heywoodu
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×