website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

2008 Olympic open water swimming champion Maarten vd Weijden in a big doping discussion with Sebastiaan Verschuren (ex-swimer) and a journalist:

"It's not used systematically in swimming (doping), otherwise Dutch swimmers would not have won 3 of the 6 Olympic gold medals in the longest distances."

Duuuuuuuuude. If there's one thing I hate so much, it's the often used argument: "We as Dutch are doing good, so this sport is clean", that's the most stupid argument ever :facepalm::lol:

One :redcard:for you Maarten. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

32 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Yeah, they just picked some random numbers in a hat.

Hide contents

Thera is a shit load of pro baseball teams though

To be honest. It's more than the MPCC is deliberately underestimating cycling cases to make other sports look bad

Sur 15/08/2017 at 22:30 , Dragon a déclaré:

To be honest. It's more than the MPCC is deliberately underestimating cycling cases to make other sports look bad

I really don't think they do. Previous figures had cycling much higher.

Obisously, I'm wrting that after Gianlu33 post  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Dunadan said:

French swimming coach Romain Barnier suspended for 6 months for preventing a doping control on three swimmers

https://swimswam.com/romain-barnier-suspended-from-coaching-for-6-months-for-alleged-anti-doping-rules-violation/

and the swimmers are not suspended ?

they win the medals like that ?:lol:

Edited by bestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

For some reason I thought Sanchez retired a long time ago.

Yes, he is a true master in invisiblity in his races. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!