website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

4 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

Sarra Errani has failed a drug test for a stimulant

(because that here that we should talk about it)

Because her mom uses a breast cancer medicin, which accidentally fell in the tortellini she was making on one of the rare days in which Errani ate her parents' house, right before Errani got a doping test. 

Taking doping excuses to a new level right there. 

Also, a two months suspension, because tennis. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

Oh, oh, that one could be fun :

Djokovic serving a silent ban ? (french)

That is not comming from a random blog btw, but from the major sports network in Québec.The journalist states that she heard from multiples sources that the reason why Djokovic ended its season is because he is serving the infamous so called 'silent ban'.

Rds is Canadian... get it correct.

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Rds is Canadian... get it correct.

That was pretty clear from his post :p 

but from the major sports network in Québec

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 3 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

Because her mom uses a breast cancer medicin, which accidentally fell in the tortellini she was making on one of the rare days in which Errani ate her parents' house, right before Errani got a doping test. 

Taking doping excuses to a new level right there. 

That's the Rumsas excuse !  She stole it ! 

Still a good one though. Personnaly, I think I'll go with Hamilton "Vanishing Twin"  © . That was pure gold.

5 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

That's the Rumsas excuse !  She stole it ! 

Still a good one though. Personnaly, I think I'll go with Hamilton "Vanishing Twin"  © . That was pure gold.

Wow, just wow... the incredible capacity of ridicule defense hypothesis just grows bigger.

End this once and for all: suspend dopers for life!!

20 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Wow, just wow... the incredible capacity of ridicule defense hypothesis just grows bigger.

End this once and for all: suspend dopers for life!!

The problem is that to ban someone for life, you really need to have a very big deal of certainty that someone did indeed willingly take doping and cheat. 

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The problem is that to ban someone for life, you really need to have a very big deal of certainty that someone did indeed willingly take doping and cheat. 

Well, of course I meant life ban, only after giving the accused the chance to validly defend themselves, with prosecutors following every single legal and technical aspect of the process. It was a shame what happened to our best fencer last year, with our own federation excluding her from Rio because of a false and dubious positive.