website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

5 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I hear rumours of a medical problem causing strange readings in his biological passport

Decathlete Thomas van der Plaetsen had strange antidoping results after a medical problem...turned out he had cancer. I'm sure you know of course, but just throwing it in there as an example (he was talking about it quite openly last week on the Belgian Tour de France talk show). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Dragon said:

I hear rumours of a medical problem causing strange readings in his biological passport

Yes I hear this rumor about a serious health problem as well, One of our most famous sports doctor mentioned something like this (again article in slovak https://sport.pravda.sk/ostatne-sporty/clanok/434889-doktor-malovic-o-matejovi-tothovi-predpokladam-ze-ide-skor-o-chorobu/.) If it will be true, This very likely will be also the end of his career.

But well, everything is still possible, we must wait until the end of the investigations.

5 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Well he is riding for one of the most suspicious teams of all, but I doubt there's anything concrete :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, oh, that one could be fun :

Djokovic serving a silent ban ? (french)

That is not comming from a random blog btw, but from the major sports network in Québec.The journalist states that she heard from multiples sources that the reason why Djokovic ended its season is because he is serving the infamous so called 'silent ban'.

33 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Oh, oh, that one could be fun :

Djokovic serving a silent ban ? (french)

That is not comming from a random blog btw, but from the major sports network in Québec.The journalist states that she heard from multiples sources that the reason why Djokovic ended its season is because he is serving the infamous so called 'silent ban'.

I'm using Google Translate so I could be wrong, but doesn't it also suggest Djokovic' lesser physical capabilities of the past year or so could be because of being caught? That'd be strange, because then why is he still playing instead of being out for a year entirely?