website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

On 12/8/2016 at 21:49, heywoodu said:

Absolutely, 3 people got knocked out of the tournament by him and so were robbed of a chance. But how would you propose the medals to be redistributed? I mean, we can't let some fights be fought again (like Avila vs the Chinese guy as semi)..

At least it's easier than in sports with the weird repechage systems like the other combat sports. 

no fair solution :(

Just now, DaniSRB said:

no fair solution :(

True, but letting someone who tested positive keep the medal is probably the most unfair solution of all. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Latvia is boycotting the IBSF worlds. 

The bobsleigh federation has published a statement as well? So far I only saw it from the skeleton federation, which is apparently another thing there. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...

A member of Iran Greco-Roman wrestling team in Rio Bashir Babajanzadeh (130kg) tested positive for doping and received 4 years ban from UWW but not for the Olympics but the last event before the Olympics. ! (Greco World Cup in Iran) I guess this will disqualify his result in Rio as well (even though he was terrible and lost in QF) this makes him the 2nd Iranian ever at the Olympics to get his results disqualified for a doping violation. :(

that was a shame, considering his age and this 4 years ban we will never see him again on the mat "hopefully"

• 3 weeks later...

New list from IOC !

https://www.olympic.org/news/ioc-sanctions-eight-athletes-for-failing-anti-doping-test-at-beijing-2008-and-london-2012

:CHN Lei CAO - 2008 - Weightlifting (Women's 75kg) - Gold medal

:CHN Xiexia CHEN - 2008 - Weightlifting (Women's 48kg) - Gold medal

:CHN Chunhong LIU - 2008 - Weightlifting (Women's 69kg) - Gold medal

:BLR Nadzeya OSTAPCHUK - 2008 - Athletics (Women's shot put) - Bronze medal

:BLR Darya PCHELNIK - 2008 - Athletics (Women's hammer throw)

:TUR Sibel SIMSEK - 2012 - Weightlifting (Women's 63kg)

:AZE Intigam ZAIROV - 2012 - Weightlifting (Men's 94kg)

:ARM Norayr VARDANYAN - 2012 - Weightlifting (Men's 94kg)

if I'm not wrong IOC talked about 101 positive results in re-testing, (so far) now with this they already sanctioned 96 cases. which mean 5 more remaining.

Edited by MHSN

I have lived to see a China doping ban, is this real life :yikes: Everyone knew there was so much shady bussiness in 08 then and still 10 years after, but to actually see something done is quite surprising. 

Also with the ban of Simsek, we will get a third medal from Beijing. :yes